“Upholding the 'Super' tradition”
Review of Super 8 Fort Myers

Super 8 Fort Myers
Ranked #47 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Bulkington, United Kingdom
“Upholding the 'Super' tradition”
Reviewed February 18, 2012

There were only 2 minus points with this motel: truly revolting in-room coffee & rather tired decor. Re. the decor, however, it may need a make-over but the cleanliness of the room could not be faulted - full marks for housekeeping! Also, another good shower to report.
The all - important inclusive breakfast was excellent. 3 cereals, muffins, toast & waffles were all available with apple/orange juice and coffee. All with a never ending supply if you so wished.
A highly recommended stay in this area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Danny14416, General Manager at Super 8 Fort Myers, responded to this review, February 25, 2012
Thank you very much for taking time to post a review for our hotel. As you know we try hard to keep up the hotel up to date, you will like to know that we just renovated with new carpet and new bedding . So when you come to Fort Myers again make sure to visit and see our new rooms, i'm sure you will enjoy that with all other services we already give to our guests. Again thank you for choosing Super 8.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed February 14, 2012

I stayed her for two nights in February for work. Let me first say that the second night was more pleasant than the first impression. My first impression was between "seedy" and "spring break." The front of the 4 story hotel had many people standing on the outside walkway in front of their rooms drinking and talking, sometimes loudly. That didn't bother me. In the office I wear slacks and button down shirts. I look the part of the businessman. In the field, when I will be doing a lot of network conversion and system upgrades I may have to run cable through ceilings and such. So I'm 6'2" with a shaved head, tattoos, bench press 250 wearing camo cargo shorts and a black t-shirt. I didn't really feel threatened. A single mother and her two kids may well have felt a little uncomfortable. It was a little better the second night but still there.
The breakfast nook is tiny, so cramming it with a bunch of road workers can make it intimidating. This seems to be fairly common at this location. The building is a little older. The carpet seemed older and I kept my socks and/or shoes on while in the room. The bed was clean but the comforter was old and the pillows seemed really old and flat. Doesn't seem to be maintained quite as well as some of the other hotels I've visited. Nevertheless it was clean enough. The bathroom was clean though a little small.
The front desk staff was very cordial. I believe the place is family owned and operated. Overall it wasn't a bad stay and perfectly fine for a business trip. The wireless was pretty fast, actually. The business center was just a PC in the small lobby, but it worked fine. I wouldn't send my wife her by herself but I think even if she went she'd be fine. No fresh fruit for breakfast and nothing hot, either. A little disappointing. Not a bad place to crash and certainly not bad for the price. Expect a little less and you'll be fine.

Room Tip: The back of the building is quieter than the front.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Knoxville, TN
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Made reservations on the web, check in was fast and easy. The young woman at the check in desk was very helpful, volunteered the information on how to get on wi-fi, which was fast and hassle free. This was for one night on the way to the Keys, but the beds were clean as well as the bathroom. No complaints for the price. Only thing, we normally travel with 2 mini dachshunds, and they are NOT pet friendly....Free breakfast was not very good, very lilmited.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank harleygirl52
AB
Reviewed March 7, 2011

Getting used to the musty smelling rooms in these hot, humid areas. Not sure what the solution is, but am concerned about the health issue.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ToCold
pdbpatel, Manager at Super 8 Fort Myers, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
Thank you for staying with us and sending a review. We work hard to keep our rooms fresh and clean. Glad you enjoyed the bed, and hope to see you in future when you are in the area.
Norway
Reviewed October 10, 2009

I was going from Miami to New Orleans and stayed here 1 night on the way. This motel I found on my GPS, it's was close to the highway. The room and bathroom was clean enough. Breakfast was the average motel breakfast and the wireless internet worked without hassles. There were an gas station with a mini mart 100 yards away. I came late and left early. It was cheap with no hassles but nothing extra. So I guess I got what I paid for. The staff was friendly but not really very helpful. But on the other hand I didn't really need any help.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Overgrown_backpacker
Thank you for staying with us. We try to keep our rates competitive, along with offering a clean confortable rooms. Please visit us again.
Oklahoma City
Reviewed December 26, 2008

Good Things on our stay was the Internet worked good. A breakfast came with the stay (don't expect much), tv worked, cable was available, and there was coffee pot and ref.

The bad things were the rooms stunk, carpet was dirty, rusted doors and fixtures, and over priced.

If you need a place to stay that is close to Page Airport you should be able to get a room here.

Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank ShortCutMe2You
Reviewed December 1, 2005

My husband and I stayed here one night because we couldn't find anywhere else to stay. The room was in terrible condition--torn upholstery on the furniture, rusting lamps, peeling/chipping paint everywhere, ironing board full of rust, extremely dated decor. We were very uncomfortable staying here and got out as fast as we could in the morning. I know it is only a one star hotel, but the room could have been in much better condition. Don't stay here unless absolutely necessary!

• Stayed November 2005