“best tea room!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 26, 2013

went to this place on a whim. What a marvelous bit of luck. Best tea room we have ever been too and that includes in the U.K. knowledgeable and friendly staff. owner visited to see how our visit was going. great tea, soups and sandwiches. made sure to go back before we left town. second visit was just as good if not better than first. love their unique approach to tea service where for a small fee you can try as much of any or all teas that they serve. we look forward to going back and having one of their tea services. scone of the day is also great.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Had lunch here today with my book club friends and it was a great experience ! Each December in lieu of having our regular book club gathering we go out for a nice lunch; and this year we picked Wisteria Tea Room & Cafe'. Such a quaint place with excellent service and food. We will go back again .... definitely. The only drawback -- its a very busy place (that's a GOOD thing !) and it was rather noisy; not a place you could have a quiet, intimate conversation. We had wonderful visit !

1  Thank hawkinlady
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Four of us visited Wisteria Tea Room on Saturday, November 23rd for my daughter-in-law's birthday. I called several weeks ahead and made a reservation, because I knew from reviews and from word of mouth that the restaurant can get quite busy.

We arrived right on time and received a warm welcome as we were escorted to the table closest to the kitchen and the gift shop. I'm not going to lie. I was disappointed that we were seated at, from what I could see, was the worst table in the restaurant. Normally I wouldn't balk at this, but I made reservations well in advance, and I told the owner that we would be celebrating a birthday.

Other than the seating issue, everything else was excellent! We ordered the Afternoon Tea, and everything was beyond amazing. Every bite of everything we had on the three-tiered plate was so delicious! The service was also amazing. We tried several different kids of tea, and the server never once seemed put-out that we changed our minds so many times.

Long story short...I am in love with Wisteria Tea Room!

The pros:
Superb service
Amazing food
Tons of tea choices
Cool gift shop with a lot of neat gift ideas

The cons:
A bit pricey
Very limited parking
Didn't get an awesome table like I thought I would

1  Thank JudieAnne
roofwaffe, Owner at Wisteria Tea Room & Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

Dear JudieAnne:
I am so glad that you chose the Wisteria Tea Room for your birthday celebration. I am sorry that you didn't like your table choice. I don't remember how busy we were that day but I am always happy to move people to different tables if requested. Our goal is for you to have the best possible experience. Next time you call to make a reservation please ask and we will give you options of the different rooms we have available. Thank you for the review.
Bobbie

Reviewed November 13, 2013

My mom, sister and I all met in Fort Myers for a long weekend on Sanibel. I researched somewhere to eat in Fort Myers, as it would be right around lunch time when we arrived and couldn't check into our condo until later that day. I'm so glad I found Wisteria on TripAdvisor! We arrived at 2pm and were greeting at the hostess stand. We were immediately told that they did have an after hours party coming in at 3pm, but we figured we'd have enough time to do the Afternoon Tea ($20 per person). We were seated in the small front room and placed our order - an herbal tea to start. Our tea arrived quickly and was poured for us. Shortly thereafter, our beautiful tower of food arrived. It included a sweet scone (cinnamon chip - absolutely one of the best scones I've ever had) with cream, open faced tea sandwiches (one cucumber, one pimento cheese - both very good), a bite-sized chicken salad in a phyllo cup (good) and mini-desserts (creme brulee, a double chocolate cheesecake and a spice cake with cinnamon cream cheese filling - all fabulous). We tried a rooibos (caffeine free) tea with the desserts - the mexican chocolate. It was very good and not overpoweringly sweet, like we were afraid of. The owner stopped by as we started dessert and said that the large party that was coming in would actually fit in the large back room, so we should take our time. Having read a review here that complained about a party such as that, I was happy to see the excellent communication and generosity to let us dawdle a bit. Overall, it was a terrific start to our trip. I would definitely go there again!!!

1  Thank TXGirl2001
roofwaffe, Owner at Wisteria Tea Room & Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

I am so glad that you chose us to celebrate your sisters accomplishments. Thank you for the lovely review. We were so happy to have you!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Food delicious, many different teas, including caffeine free. Waitresses and owner so friendly, makes you feel like home. Creme brûlée out of this world. Girlfriends and husband like it.

1  Thank Beachrobbin55