“deserves the #1 rating on best restaurants of Ft.Myers” 5 of 5 bubbles

Wisteria Tea Room & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 31 Coffee & Tea in Fort Myers
Cuisines: Cafe, American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Parking Available, Reservations, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Boston, Massachusetts
“deserves the #1 rating on best restaurants of Ft.Myers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

I love tea parties and went to trip advisor to check out best rated restaurants in Ft.Myers. The last day of our vacation I called the Wisteria to make a reservation for lunch. I was told that they were booked for the entire day. I was very disappointed, and the lady said "well come on down there may be something" My friend and I jumped in the car. We plugged the address into the GPS and it took us to a residential area. We almost missed the place. Very sweet looking Bungalow house.
We met the owner Ms Bobby and she said "this is your lucky day, a table has just opened up!" The staff are wonderful. They really like their jobs. We salivated over the menu and decided to do lunch. I ordered Phil's meatloaf sandwich and my friend, got the ruben sandwich. They came with soup or salad and we chose the soup of the day. Tiny little teacup full of a delicious chowder (can't remember the name...except that I would have given my first born for the recipe!) We were not so adventurous and just got a pot of the breakfast tea...It was perfectly made and delicious but Ms Bobby came back to encourage us to try a pot of one of the other special teas. She suggested the fruity sangria....Very yummy. We were not rushed and the waitress came over to chat. After we ate, we browsed the adorable gift shop and purchased a few items. I would highly recommend this for the ladies, though the gents would love the grub...oh I almost forgot..For desert (they had some great choices) we chose to get one of the scones with clotted cream..Amazing. I would highly recommend this for girl's getaways and meet ups and will definitely be back. I tried to pitch the idea of coming to Boston to Ms.Bobby. Over all: This was a charming and unique experience.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank celticlady75

Norwalk, Connecticut
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

From the moment we walked in without a reservation we loved it! The owner made us feel right at home, got us a table on a very busy day and checked on us periodically. Opted for lunch rather than a traditional tea and the food was great. Would go back again when in town and recommend others as well.

1 Thank JakeyJakes
Canton, MI
“High tea at it's best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Our group of 12 visited and thoroughly enjoyed our visit. From the moment we were greeted by owner, Bobbie, to the end of our delicious meal, the service was outstanding. Our server could not have been more attentive. I chose to be adventurous and try one of the "specials" - a turkey with cream cheese & jalapeno raspberry jam on croissant sandwich - grilled like a panini. The combination of sweet and slightly hot was wonderful. We sampled several teas and found our favorites to be in the rooiboos group. Their baked goods are well worth the calories and the charm of their dining room creates a most relaxing, fun experience. It is recommended that if going with a large group, you make a reservation and arrive at opening (11:00am) to ensure being seated together. I suspect this is especially true "in season," during the months of Jan - March.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Benzy2
Fort Myers, Florida
“Happy, relaxing, unhurried time followed by buying some great gifts!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was "gifted" a wonderful, relaxing lunch with a dear friend. Food, wonderful choice of teas served in "real" china tea cups, and thoughtful service. I would classify the experience as "very special". This weekend I will surprise treat another friend as I was treated. I know of a couple from England who go here frequently.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank sanibelpatty
Cape Coral, Florida
“A must for every lady who wants a special experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

My mom and MIL took me here for my birthday. My mom and I had never been here before. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!

This is a 1919 (circa) Florida bungalow restored. It immediately has charm. Inside the charm continued. We had to make a reservation as it is "season". We were seated promptly. Depending on where you sit you may feel cramped but not too bad.

Darlene, our server, was amazing! She explained everything very well. She was a breath of fresh air. We did opt for two teas to start. Peach and a Blueberry. All teas are loose teas. I liked these so much I bought them in their quaint gift shop.

The food was delicious too! The quiche was a home run. My chicken salad on croissant was divine. The only thing I didn't like was the Mediterranean chick pea salad. It was seasoned with a southwest seasoning. Dessert was a must when we saw another table get their dessert. We got the creme brûlée and the chocolate peanut butter cheesecake. Wow!

Call and make your reservation today!

2 Thank DessertsDivaFL