“Maybe 3 1/2 stars, but the best in Fort Myers? no way”

Wisteria Tea Room & Cafe
Ranked #2 of 31 Coffee & Tea in Fort Myers
Cuisines: Cafe, American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Parking Available, Reservations, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
SW Florida
“Maybe 3 1/2 stars, but the best in Fort Myers? no way”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

A tiny tea shop that is cute that has a small offering of sandwiches and salads. Nice tea assortment but the loud cackling of the groups of women made a relaxing tea or lunch impossible. I had the egg salad and chickpea salad and my companion had a reuben and "Tuscan" soup. The soup was impossibly thin with little flavour and the reuben was made with corned beef that was very dry. I think they are trying to have a couple of items that are less "girly" but I think it's best bet would be to focus on afternoon tea.

There is no way this is Fort Myers best. Usually that honor goes to a donut shop <G>. Not a very good commentary on the ranking system of Trip Advisor.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank LilMsFoodie
roofwaffe, Owner at Wisteria Tea Room & Cafe, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear LilMsFoodie:
I am so sorry that you didn't have a good experience at our Tea Room. I do recognize that sometimes when people are there for a celebration that they can get a bit loud. That is not always the case but it does happen in a small space.
We have sandwiches on our menu that are for our "cafe" guests like people who work in the downtown area and also those who only want to enjoy a regular lunch.
We are very happy to have such a great ranking but realize there are other wonderful places out there as good if not better than we are. We strive very hard to have delicious food and a warm atmosphere and it grieves me when guests don't experience that. I hope you will give us another opportunity to change you mind and If you feel comfortable in letting me know when you return we would love to assure your experince is a wonderful one.

North Fort Myers, Florida
“Lunch at Wisteria”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My friend had been asking me to go to this place and we had not made it until today. From the moment I stepped out of the car and started snapping pictures, I was in love. I walked under a beautiful wrought iron canopy and headed toward the front door. My friend was already there. It was everything she had told me it was. An old fashioned Southern Tea Room. The food was wonderful. I had a Cobb Salad and the soup of the day which was a Touscan Sausage. My friend had the soup and quiche. Service was also excellent. So if you find yourself in downtown Fort Myers, FL. don't miss Wisteria Tea Room & Cafe

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Svea S
Gulf Coast, FL
“Wonderful Lunch!”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We received a warm welcome and excellent service by caring people who obviously love what they are doing. What a nice treat, to feel so welcomed! My friend had the meatloaf sandwich and shared it with me. Delicious! I had the mac and cheese in a crock, still nice and hot from the oven. It was very good. The side salad was so nice with candied pecans and feta cheese and very yummy cilantro dressing. Teas were wonderful! I also had the chocolate pound cake which is not to be missed! I don't think you can go wrong ordering anything on the menu here. Will look forward to returning!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank JoJoGulfCoast_FL
“Wonderful atmosphere and delicious tea&food”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

My boyfriend and I visited this small restaurant during our vacation at Ft. Myers. We absolutely loved it! The service was excellent; everyone was sweet and helpful. The tea, food, and dessert were fantastic. We have told friends and family about this place, and we will definitely return again!

San Antonio, Texas
“Wonderful food and tea!”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

The food, teas and service were all amazing! The bananas extravaganza dessert was scrumptious. Definitely worth getting off I-75 corridor.