“Great 3 day stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great 3 day stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

We spent 3 nights at this hotel. We found front desk staff to be very nice and helpful. Rooms were very clean and spacious. The only negative about the room was the loud air conditioner and refrigerator.

The hotel Monday thru Thursday serves dinner along with wine and beer. We had arrived Wednesday night and were going to go out, but were told dinner was still being served. Thet had chicken, rice and a salad, all which were good. Breakfast was also included and had a good
variety. The other good thing was you could get coffee or tea any time of day. Alot of hotels pull the coffee after breakfast. We would return to
this hotel. It was also a great location. There were resturants and
shopping center within a 5 minute drive or could even walk.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

We stayed here for the second year in a row and plan on returning next year, possibly for one month. We stayed for only week this year end of January into February. The entire staff including front desk, cleaning ladies, maintenance and kitchen staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The general manager was also on site, friendly, engaging and went overboard to make sure our stay was comfortable and met all of our needs. No complaints here, except, the A/C is a little noisy but we wear ear plugs! Love the breakfast and dinners included in the price. Location is perfect. Keep up the great service.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

The homewood suites properties offer so much space in the king suites. I am a hilton honors member staying in all the brands within in the chain and do love Homewood. The outdoor patio lovely for breakfast as the indoor space is quite limited and not as large as others we have stayed in. The pool area was spacious although we did not swim it looked very clean. Location is everything so we chose this to be close to the airport as well as the beach and the bonus of walking to many shops and restaurants was wonderful. Fresh popped popcorn for guests in the lobby a nice touch as well as my hilton honor gift bag. Get a room on second floor as it was much more quiet! Also the breakfast area was very crowded and I know they have no control over it but it isn't laid out very well. I would suggest a second coffee station during the rush maybe outside? Just a thought to ease congestion.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

I had a wonderful stay at this hotel. Typical of Homewood Suites, the amenities were great. I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and Manager's dinner. The entire hotel was very clean and orderly. I forgot two items and did not realize until the next day. The HONEST housekeeping staff had already found the items and turned them into the front desk who, in turn, mailed them to me free of charge.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Medford, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

I stayed here for a week for business during a very busy time. I was traveling with a pet and the pet rooms are at the back of the hotel which faces the cooling tower. The air conditioner was one of the noisiest I have ever heard and in spite of complaints could not be moved and was told the the air conditioner repair was offsite. I was not called about a room change and the chief maintenance person did not respond. The room was adequate for felt not quite clean. The kitchen had no dish soap nor anything to clean cooking pots (I cook in these type of facilities). The access to the room is through a side door and the luggage carts are at the other end of the hotel. There is no handicap access ramp except at the front of the hotel. I did ask for some help with carrying in things since the door would not stay open and I had several items to bring in. I asked the maintenance man if he had brought a luggage cart and he replied no but he did not want to go all the way back to get one so he helped carry some items and also held the door while I carried the items - in short, not too enthused about helping me at all. The bed was OK but I would get a back ache from it being too soft. The shower was great. The kitchen towels and dish cloth were all faded and old. I would never stay at this hotel again. One positive - location was great and it was in a quiet area so little street traffic.

Room Tip: Avoid the back rooms because of poor access but if you have a pet you are stuck here.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Anna L
HOMEWOODSUITESFMYERS, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. In addition, we're working with our staff to address the maintenance and amenity issues you encountered. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and I can assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration and addressed appropriately.

Kind regards,

Lee Bellamy
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

I stay 140 nights a year in Hilton properties and this is one of the best in the country. I swim laps daily and this is probably the finest hotel pool you will find. Plus, it is heated! From the moment Greg checked me in to a lovely king suite (he knew my wife was meeting me there in a few days to celebrate an early Valentine's Day) to Marty who helped me with a small maintenance issue in my room (who said I was in one of his favorite rooms in the property), to Kristin who, when she is not completely over-worked with EVERYTHING, is as pleasant a front office person there is, I was completely satisfied. If I would have been sent a survey which I normally do receive, they would have received all 10's. You will not be disappointed. Thank you to you all for a lovely visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a poolside view room only.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank jbwaaadeal
Trondheim, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

We had a spacious king bed suite with a separate bed room. The hotel wants you to feel "at home", something which I think they succed in. Old-fashioned somewhat noisy AC as you find in most hotels in the area, otherwise I have a hard time finding anything negative with my stay. Did not have much to do with the staff, but they were welcoming. Good breakfast and nice breakfast area. Rooms were spotlessy clean, everything worked properly and the room did not feel dated although the interior was not according to my taste :) Nice and functional "full" kitchen with a large fridge.

Roomtip: I would suggest a room at the second or third floor. Ours was at the first floor and we had people close outside our window (staff?) much of the time. However, this did not annoy us, but if you like your privacy this might be a good pointer.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family