“Nice hotel and good value for the price.”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers
Ranked #5 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
GreenLeadersSilver level
Rochester, Minnesota, United States
“Nice hotel and good value for the price.”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Great for both families and business travelers. Free breakfast and evening reception with food and cocktails so great value for the price paid. Hotel easy to get to from airport and has everything needed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
FMYHW, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Short but sweet! Thanks for the great review. We appreciate hearing from our guests. We look forward to welcoming you home again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This is a very nice hotel. Designed for long term stays, the rooms have a living room with couch and chair and big flat screen tv. Off to the side was a frig, cooktop and microwave with a breakfast bar. Separate from this room was the bedroom with another flatscreen tv and the bathroom. All were clean and looked brand new. This hotel does allow pets so occasionally we did hear a dog bark but overall, the soundproofing was pretty good. The breakfast was great with many choices, hot and cold. This hotel also offers and evening 'snack' during the week, which looked like a full meal to me. We stayed over the weekend so can't comment on this. The hotel is located by the Bell Tower Mall and many restaurants but it is tucked away and very quiet. Would like to come back and spend more time here.

1 Thank IaLLS63
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I must say that when my family and I first arrived, I was slightly let down when we arrived at the hotel because it seemed a bit on the older side, but I was quickly proved wrong. The rooms are kept very clean, and in the long run that is all that matters! The carpets in the room were my only complaint because they seemed old and battered; they also smelled as the they sprayed the rug with chemicals, but that aired out right away. The breakfast was WONDERFUL!!! They had several different options that you could choose from. The pool courtyard was beautiful, and all of the employees treated us with care. It is easily accessible to the beach or the airport, as it is in central Fort Myers. The Bell Tower Shops was also a big plus. After several nights at this Homewood Suites, we felt like it was home!

Room Tip: Rooms over the courtyard have a wonderful view!
2 Thank lwatson508
FMYHW, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
We may not be the newest hotel on the block but it appears that you noticed all the little things that make this hotel a great place to stay! Our location, tropical courtyard with pool/ Jacuzzi and of course our staff! They are the best in the business. They work hard every day to ensure that our guests feel at home and exceed all expectations. Thank you for your review. We look forward to your return soon!

P.S. We will be replacing the carpet soon! Stay tuned for additional renovation projects to our suites beginning in April 2103.
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I travel to Ft. Myers on business several days a month and I always stay here. The rooms are nice (and I like the suites). The staff is very professional and always have a smile and by now most of them know me by name. After a long day I park my car for the night, check in my suite, go to a nice dinner and a several cold beverages and I am all set. If you feel the urge to go out Bell Tower is close by (excellent dining options, movies, night life etc).

Again I always feel at home here and welcomed by the staff, the food is excellent. If I ever have any issues they are cleared up promptly. It's not a five star and the furniture etc is not five star but the rooms are clean and the staff treats you like you are in a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank John H
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Location and staff is fine but the rooms are old and the furniture too, look it is the same from the 60's. It is as incomfortable as the El Cheapo motels that you find at $20.00 on side oh highways.

I usually goes In Homewood hotels while on family trip because I like the style and hospitality but I will never come back to this one.

2 Thank Dany D
FMYHW, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us and we appreciate your loyalty to our brand. We value your business and your feedback and we apologize for the condition of your guest suite. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Warm regards,
Lee Bellamy
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed 4 nights at Homewood suites this week during a visit to Florida for Christmas holiday. The room was OK, but needs an update (carpet, etc.) Had a bit of an old hotel smell. I agree that room was big enough for the family and everything in the kitchen worked fine. The pool was nice, hot tub was warm.

I thought the breakfast was below normal standard for a Hilton family hotel and was the greatest impact in my overall rating. The hot dishes were not very good and the Belgian waffles were inconsistent in their texture and often burned. Many Hampton Inns have a better breakfast.

Lots of families at the hotel this week so my kids enjoyed that.

Room Tip: If you have kids, try to get a first floor room that opens to the pool courtyard. You will have som...
2 Thank jocobrit
Thank you for your review. Our goal is to meet and exceed our guests expectations every time. I am sorry we fell short of that goal during your stay. I will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. I do have exciting news in concerns to our guest suites. As we approach April 2013, we will be renovating every guest suite with new carpet, bathroom tile, kitchen cabinets, and a few other cosmetics to help update and freshen up the look of our suites. I sincerely hope that you will consider our Homewood Suites the next time you are visiting Ft Myers.
Cary, NC
Reviewed December 26, 2012

During our stay in Ft. Myers, FL for a baseball showcase event, we stayed at the Homewood Suites Bell Tower. Our days started earlier than the breakfast hours the hotel staff was prepared for. Kim and Charity were instrumental in arranging an earlier start to the breakfast hours for the benefit of several young ball players. Because of Kim and Charity these young men did not have to go play baseball all day long in front of 60+ college scouts on an empty stomach. THANK YOU BOTH for showing the care and consideration that is appreciated more than I can adequately express.

Room Tip: From what I can tell, all rooms are clean, comfortable and generally good in quality, price and sele...