Overall this hotel was fine. The room was exactly what was shown on their website. The breakfast was standard for this kind of hotel however they did add a little something to the eggs each day for variety. The evening meals were good (the kind of food you would eat at home) and salad was always available with them. The location is quiet and there is not much noise between rooms (except the bathrooms). The airconditioner was very loud so we ran it in the day and shut it off at bedtime.
The location also provides easy access to local highways and the freeway. It was a good location as a base for our activities but the beach was a half hour drive when traffic was good. Because the beaches are on the outlying barrier islands with restricted traffic flows, it can be very slow getting on or off the islands. This wouldn't be a good location if all you wanted to do was go to the beach.
Shoeless Joe’s next door was good for a drink or meal and while the food was fine at Cantina Laredo the atmosphere was sterile and uninviting and the drinks were really expensive. There are several other restaurants nearby. The mall is mostly upscale shops but a nice place for a walk. There is a Fresh Market in the mall which also catered to the upscale clientele.
The hotel actually had two issues.
The first was the outdoor dining area only had two large (around 8 person) resin tables. This was great for large groups or the long term residents who hung out together. However there was no place for a couple or small family to sit outside and enjoy their meal or beverage.
The other big issue was that smoking is allowed everywhere in the outdoor spaces. Even if one of the big tables was available they smelled of smoke which doesn’t do much for my appetite. Every place at the hotel with somewhere to sit and enjoy Florida had an ashtray beside it including the pool and hot tub.
If you spend most of your evenings out walking or in your room, or if you’re a smoker or you are not sensitive to cigarette smoke, this would be a great place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Homewood Suites by Hilton® Fort Myers gives you the space to do things your way in this charming South Florida city. Whether you’re visiting for business, spending a weekend shooting the fairways at the many South Florida golf courses, or simply catching some winter sun on Gulf of Mexico beaches, our suites let you do things your way. Use this all-suite hotel – only 8 miles from Southwest Florida International Airport – as a family base for taking everyone touring the Everglades and beyond. We’re located within the Bell Tower shopping complex.Work to your own routine while we take care of the little things. A hot full breakfast served seven days a week and evening dinner and drinks*, served Monday through Thursday, are included with your stay. Stock your suite’s kitchen with favorites from our convenience store. Work smart in your suite or under poolside sun with WiFi throughout this all-suite Fort Myers hotel.A fitness center equipped with modern cardio equipment and free weights sits alongside an outdoor pool, allowing you to maintain any exercise program. Shoot hoops with the kids on the hotel basketball court. Spend some time in the Bell Tower Shops, where you’ll find excellent shopping, restaurants and a movie theater within one block of the Homewood Suites by Hilton® Fort Myers hotel ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Ft Myers @ Bell Tower Hotel Fort Myers
- Hilton Fort Myers
- Homewood Suites Fort Myers
- Homewood Fort Myers
- Fort Myers Homewood Suites
- Fort Myers Hilton