“Great rennovation!”

Ranked #4 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
United States
“Great rennovation!”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I had to check back with Trip Advisor to make sure this wasn't a new hotel. The completed rennovations look great. A typical Hampton layout with the typical Hampton Inn service, cleanliness, free breakfast and free internet. Comfortable beds. Location is right off I-75 and Florida Gulf Coast University (our destination) is one exit further south. There's a new mall area at that same exit where we ate at the Olive Garden and had great food and service. When we arrived, there was a manager's reception with fresh from the oven cookies and free drinks. The staff was having a hard time both that afternoon and the next morning keeping up with a teenage ball team that was staying at the hotel, but they did it with smiles on their faces and helpful, responsive attitudes. Despite all the teenagers, we had a peaceful night in a quiet room. I would definitely stay here again if I needed to stay in this area. (Note: If you are unfamiliar with Ft. Myers, this is on the EAST side of town, NOT near the beach, but it's a great hotel to stay at near the university.)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We were headed to Sanibel Island and wanted to stay closer to I-75 for convenience PLUS earn more HiltonHonors points. We selected this property due to the convenience. We were amazed when we walked in.. A Hampton??? gone were the dreary furnishings and boring atmosphere. It was bright and beautiful and the staff couldnt have been more accommodating! The room was very comfy with a great big bed and the desk/chair was a nice touch. The entertainment center had a 37" HDTV and big fridge and microwave. The bathroom had a great tile vanity and decent enough shower. The in-room coffee pot was appreciated too; AND they have 24hr coffee in the Lobby too. I love this place! We were there this past Saturday and are STILL talking about it today (Tuesday!) what a pleasure! Its newly renovated and super clean and quiet. Go there NOW!

Room Tip: We had a King Study..nice work area with a terrific Herman Miller work chair.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MDW-BOUND
Everglades City, Florida
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Hotel has been recently remodeled and looks very well taken care of, Comfortable beds, outdoor pool was great! Had a lot of fun with snacks available in the afternoon when I was there. A managers special. Always a full breakfast available. I will defiantly return for another visit here!!!
I don’t post much. Only when I find exceptional service. I should post more but have a hard time finding the time.

Staff was very helpful throught our visit. With places to eat and coupons, before we realized we had forgot to bring towels to the pool the staff noticed and brought some out to us. I was impressed with the customer services.

I love it when hotels have duvets. ( comforter exterior is changed for each guest ) and this one did.

Kids Quotes
12 yr boy: Awsome!!!!! Pool was great!
14 yr boy: awww it was okay.. ( Well he is 14!!! what can you expect! ha ha )

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CiscoBob
Pembroke Pines, Florida
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Beautiful renovations. Extra clean and comfortable. Staff is warm, friendly, helpful, and acommodating!!!! Will definitely stay here again!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank TaraF34548
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Had a great stay at the Hampton Inn. Newly Renovated, everything in order, the staff was very welcoming and a fantastic breakfast. Kids had a lot of fun in the pool.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Warwick
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Originally planned on staying 3 nights in March 2012 when on vacation to see some Spring Training games. Thankfully they messed up my reservation and only booked me for one night, that was more than enough.
The fun started upon checking in with a condescending staff who acted as if they were doing me a favor by letting me stay at this hotel. Later went out to the pool to try to read and was overwhelmed by a smell of something like sulfur or natural gas. As far as sleeping, forget it...sound travels through this building like you're in a cathedral...heard people in the hall, people at the front desk all throughout the night. Apparently, they forgot to add soundproofing when they renovated. As far as the renovations, I've seen other posts calling the style trendy...I saw it as gaudy. Bottom line is you can't polish a turd.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank J T
Riverside, California
Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

I spend half my life in hotels and this is one of the worst. What really makes it bad is that i aksed both the nite and morn shift clerk to have the manager call me. Never did. I wont bother with my top ten list of problems. You should not stay someplace where management doesnt care. If youre reading this, manager person, i also canceled my next stay at your property. And you still owe me a call.

• Stayed June 2012