“Bad food and hot.”

Seminole Gulf Railway Murder Mystery Dinner Train
More attraction details
Owner description: The Murder Mystery Dinner Train (owned and operated by Seminole Gulf Railway) offers a Unique Dining Experience where passengers enjoy our table side Murder Mystery Show and a Nostalgic Train Trip as our On-board Chef prepares a delicious Five Course Dinner. The train seats up to 208 people and operates year round, Wednesday through Sunday, and holds special holiday events, like a Sweetheart Express for Valentine's Day, a New Year's Eve Gala, two traditional New England style Thanksgiving dinners, and Halloween Ghost Trains. The Murder Mystery Dinner Train also offers hotel Get-Away packages with special rates available only through the railroad.
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We had been looking forward to this evening out for some time. However, I ordered the prime rib and my husband had the chicken cordon bleu. The beef was extremely fatty and tough and the chicken was chalky, dry and almost tasteless. The cake was not good. Perhaps, frozen and thawed? I've had better Sara Lee. The pricing was fine, if the food was good. The show was okay, the actors funny. Another huge complaint is how hot the dining car got. The air conditioner did NOT maintain a comfortable environment. I was so warm I had to put my hair up. Would never do this again and will not give a good reference.

2  Thank Tunabig
MurderMysDinnerTrain, Owner at Seminole Gulf Railway Murder Mystery Dinner Train, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

I am sorry to read that your experience was no perfectly delightful. While I can assure you that our Amaretto Cake is homemade and not from a box, I am going to pass your comments on to our chef about your experience so we may improve to appeal to as many people's tastes as possible.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"a lot of fun"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed September 6, 2013

This is the second time I have gone on this adventure and it still is as good as the first time. We usually find another couple to go with us, as the tables are arranged to seat 4 people. It is a train so tables are fixed and cannot be moved around to accommodate larger parties, but you can seat up to 8 across from one another. The train ride along with the show and dinner lasts about 3 hours. The one of the actors writes the murder mystery material and 4 or 5 others act out the scenes in your train car. Your job is to figure out who the murderer was, and the how and why. A bonus question is also asked to break ties, so be sure to pay attention to the clues. The winner in each car receives a souvenir coffee mug and autographed Super Sleuth certificate. I got one on my first trip, but did not get the write answer on my second trip. I will be taking my wife back again soon. There is a package where you can get the Murder Mystery Dinner and a night in the Marriott Courtyard just across the street. It is a great time.

3  Thank Chuck B

Thank you for the wonderful review. I am delighted to read that you and your friends had so much fun on your second trip. We just posted our new season of Murder Mystery shows on our website, so we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Yummy food, awesome cast, and amazing waitstaff!! I wouldn't recommend bringing children, there's a lot of 'adult' humor! Thanks for a great night!!

1  Thank Nicole A

Glad to read that you had a great time, and I too recommend 10 and up for children as i would generally rate our entertainment as PG-13. However, each family must determine their own standards. Thank you for adding your thoughts, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Mixed reviews here, the train ride was great once you got used to the rocking, the food was so-so and the show was awesome, we really enjoyed it.

I am glad you enjoyed your weekend in Fort Myers and we hope to see you again. Thanks for the review.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This was fun experience. I went with 4 of my friends. The actors were really good and very nice. The wait staff was kind did a great job (specially since the train was moving too) The food was good as well. I would not recommend bringing young children. Also, make sure to bring extra money for drinks and tips.

You can read more on my travel blog.

MurderMysDinnerTrain, Owner at Seminole Gulf Railway Murder Mystery Dinner Train, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thank you for your review. The MMDT is a great place to do something special with friends, or with family. Hope to see you again soon.