“THE BAD... THE ROTTEN... And the bad manager”

Kumo Japanese Steak House
Ranked #390 of 864 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Kumo SteakHouse in Fort Myers, Florida. A place to enjoy authentic Japanese cuisine in Lee County. Enjoy an evening at our fresh sushi bar, a nice table for two, or join in at a Hibachi Grill and have one of our best chefs put on a dazzling show and prepare your food right in front of you. To give your night even more to remember, we also have a full Liquor Bar which serves Ice-cold bottled beer and Cold Sake, Nicely warmed Hot Sake, great variety of Wine, and any mix drink that you can name.At Kumo SteakHouse in Fort Myers, we only use the freshest seafood, meat, and other ingredients in order to guarantee the quality of our food. Anything from fresh lobsters and shrimps to succulant steaks and chicken dishes, Sushi, and Sashimi are all well preserved and prepared to suit our customer's
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My friend had a white fish bento box and the fish was bad. I had some.

When the waiter was told all he said... "Are you finished" before he took the meals and left.

He came back and I asked him if he understood that the meal was bad?
He said, yes and that he had told the kitchen. And that he had tried it and that the fish was not bad.

He leaves... Comes back with a check. I asked to speak to the manager after I paid the bill.

She said that because he had eaten more than half of the fish... Which he has not... They would not do anything about it.

NOTHING

I even told her how often we visited the place and showed her on my yelp app... She did not care.

So... I will not be going there ever again.

I have no patience for businesses that do not care for their customers.

1  Thank NaplesEli
There are newer reviews for Kumo Japanese Steak House

Reviewed July 9, 2013

For starters I have eaten there before and food and service had always been great. Until today. My business partner and I went there for lunch today -I must add he has been there many times and spent thousands $$$ in lunches and dinner. Despite them knowing this fact and him never sending any food back Kumo's manager refused to make any amends. Not 1 "We'll pay for that meal", not 1 "We'll change it out for another plate of food", not even an apology... Wow,... Please note we never asked for anything in return we just wanted acknowledgement that the fish was not good. I must add that according to the manager they do sell prepackaged frozen fish which means it might not be their fault it was bad. But to not acknowledge even the possibility it was bad or refusal to take care of loyal big spending customers means they probably won't care for their new customers. As you're reading this you may come to realize you can already taste the disgusting, rotten smell I had to endure. That's how bad it was, it can transcend even through words and thought,... so please save yourself the heartache. Also please note all efforts were made to be above average customers and even still took care of our waiter with a 20% tip as we usually do, even though he sided with the manager and almost refused to call the manager. What an aweful experince.

1  Thank rayescobar
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I love going to this place during lunch. I get their veggies that have been deep fried....onion, mushroom, sweet. Potato, and more. It's a light batter that hits the spot. The chicken is made the same way and comes in long sticks. We sit at a regular table. This is a small place with a nice atmosphere....tree inside, turtles and fish in the pond. They have the hibachi tables and a sushi bar for those interested. No outdoor seating...can't removed it from my post.

Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Very good food!! No long wait and staff was
Very friendly. Best fried rice ever!!! Little pricey but worth it. Don't pass this up when visiting Fort Myers!

Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Wow, I don't remember if the last time it took this long for us to wait for the things we need...(tea refill, check, fork etc) but tonight it's horrible. We spent 20mins eating but 1hr waiting for the things...I guess they need more waiters in the dining area, now they just have one girl for all 8 tables!!!!!! That's too much for her to work.