“Worst Japanese hibachi I've ever been to”

Kumo Japanese Steak House
Ranked #391 of 864 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Kumo SteakHouse in Fort Myers, Florida. A place to enjoy authentic Japanese cuisine in Lee County. Enjoy an evening at our fresh sushi bar, a nice table for two, or join in at a Hibachi Grill and have one of our best chefs put on a dazzling show and prepare your food right in front of you. To give your night even more to remember, we also have a full Liquor Bar which serves Ice-cold bottled beer and Cold Sake, Nicely warmed Hot Sake, great variety of Wine, and any mix drink that you can name.At Kumo SteakHouse in Fort Myers, we only use the freshest seafood, meat, and other ingredients in order to guarantee the quality of our food. Anything from fresh lobsters and shrimps to succulant steaks and chicken dishes, Sushi, and Sashimi are all well preserved and prepared to suit our customer's
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Everything was wrong, from the service to the food. There are so many better hibachi places than this one, I will never go back.

There are newer reviews for Kumo Japanese Steak House

Reviewed April 5, 2013

enjoyed my dinner here, have had better sushi while vacationing in Hawaii but overall satisfied...the service was good we sat down at the sushi bar and was waited on quickly...

Reviewed March 16, 2013

My wife and I are big fans of Hibachi-style restaurants, and have eaten at many of them all over the country and abroad. Overall, I would say this is the second best one we've been too. The food was great, the chef talented and entertaining and the service excellent. I have an aversion to eggs, and our server went back to the kitchen and had them make me some fried rice with no eggs. The seafood (I had sshrimp and scallops) was amazingly fresh and tasty. My wife had filet mignon and chicked, which were very good as well!

They also have order-off-the menu Japanese and Thai cuisine...didn't have any, but it certainly looked good!

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Went here just lastnight with a friend, he said when his son comes down in a couple of weeks he's taking him here. Chef was excellent, what a show!!!!! Found was great, we both had Shrimp/Filet Mignon on the Hibachi Combinations part of the menu. I shot video, if I can upload here I will...a MUST GO! Let me know how it goes..

1  Thank corvette44
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I love the hibachi style chicken and steak. I normally go away from hibachi restaurants hungry. Not here. I take some home. Every flavor is perfect with the exception of the dipping sauces which are kind of bland. I seldom use those since the food is so well flavored. The salad is always fresh and crisp and the soup is great. I feel good when I eat their food. Must be good for you. I have eaten in many Japanese restaurants and this one compares favorably with the best.