“Check it out”
Review of El Gaucho Inca

El Gaucho Inca
Reserve with OpenTable
El Gaucho Inca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 863 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
“Check it out”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Our first time here after hearing rave reviews. Justin was our waiter and he was attentive and very helpful. One companion had the Pescado a lo Macho - a fish fillet with a lightly spicy cream sauce. He loved it! Another companion had two large slices of the chicken with chorizo among other ingredients (forget the name) and it was excellent. My wife had a salad with shrimp that was very good. I had the mahi mahi with very good rice but unfortunately the fish was overcooked. We will definitely be back for another visit! We loved the decor and ambiance!

• Visited January 2014

Fort Myers, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great local spot”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

food and service are both great,the owner is very much hands on.my wife and i are from costa rica we know bad food and bad service,for the life of me i dont understand the negative reviews! in a city with just ho-hum food this resturant is hands downWONDERFUL!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank ZYRTEC2014
Seattle, Washington
“Second Time, Last Time”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I would never have gone back to this restaurant after our visit there in early November, but a friend was celebrating his birthday and really wanted to go ... and so. This time was a busy Saturday night, and all the restaurant's flaws were thrown into glaring relief. To start with, the service was the pits. Our waiter barely stopped long enough at our table to acknowledge us or take our order properly. After the food came (brought my someone else), he checked with us a total of two times (the first time we asked for more bread, which had run out; the second time I asked for more water -- he disappeared with my glass and was never seen again. In fact, we shouldn't have had to ask for either -- it's his job to notice when bread and water are low). He never put anything down on the table. Rather, he sort of tossed it there as he flew by, including the check. Yep, I get it: the place was hopping and, I imagine, understaffed. Not our problem -- not at those prices. (Hire some more waiters, you jerks.) My "pacanha" steak, which I'd ordered medium, arrived mooing, bloody, and cold. (No, I didn't send it back; I've worked in restaurants and I know what happens when you send food back on a busy night. If the only thing they do is throw it on the floor, you can count yourself lucky.) The presentation was pathetic: a huge plate, a smallish steak against one edge and a lump of white rice against another. Not even a freakin' sprig of parsley. My dining companion fared better: he pronounced the mussels appetizer very good, though his seafood main course was only "acceptable" and also tepid. We sampled the provaleta appetizer as well - brimming with grease and rather tasteless. And that's 10 bucks for less than a dollar's worth of melted cheese, folks. I'm not sure why other diners claim to be having such great experiences here. We're 0 for 2, and that was absolutely the last time the gaucho is going to get our dough.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Bisbeticone
bonita springs
“peruvian gem in ft myers”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

this restaurant has a pleasant atmosphere. the server was great. the food was new to us and very interesting. the seating is good but not luxurious. the menu is large enough to give an exciting selection of unusual foods. we enjoyed all of our selections and the prices were reasonable. I would recommend this restaurant for anyone that wants to try something different..

• Visited November 2013
Lehigh Acres, Florida
“Wonderful place, wonderful food”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

We had three wonderful diner at Gaucho Inca. The service was great, the food was great, their wine list extensive and colorful.... we absolutely love it. This is the difference between a restaurant who promotes authenticity and a restaurant who promotes "make believe". Being a Restauranteur myself, and having been a Chef Owner, and having traveled the world, tasting and learning with passion its culinary flavors, I can say "Bravo" to this couple for their work. They will see us again.

• Visited August 2013