“Great Argentinian Place”
Review of El Gaucho Inca

El Gaucho Inca
Reserve with OpenTable
El Gaucho Inca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 855 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Berlin, Germany
“Great Argentinian Place”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

After reading the menu we went on a Sunday nigth dinner to El Gaucho.
We shared the mixed grill for 2 and a picanha steak. Excellent beef prepared to the point together with argentinian deli (swetbread and black sausage).

Visited March 2013
2 Thank bigtkoch

Lakeland, Florida
“Disappointing to say the least”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

As a native Peruvian and a lover of our great food I decided to visit this place during a visit to Ft Myers with my wife and daughter. Suffice it to say, I will not ever go back, the service was horrible, the wait staff was not very knowledgeable and seemed lost or overwhelmed; all this could be overcome by the quality of the food ... unfortunately that wasn't the case either, my daughter ordered what was supposed to be fresh ravioli, they were STILL FROZEN when they were brought to her covered in sauce. Counting this one it will be three times going to this place; First, Last and Never Again!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Jaime M
Broadway, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Delightful”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Again I trusted the reviews here and I certainly wasn't disappointed. I played safe by making a reservation online although as it turned out this would not have been necessary, however it is a small intimate place and there were only a couple of tables free at 7.30pm which is quite good for a Wednesday.

As others have said the authenticity is such that I asked our lovely server who incidentally comes from Cuba to explain the various dishes to us, this she did without any hint of rush and her knowledge of the extensive menu was outstanding.

We all deiced to try something different, we agreed we could get a steak anywhere so centered on the fish dishes.

Th appetizers looked so tempting that we just had to try a couple and they were to die for. We had the Choros a la Chalaca which are six Black Mussels marinated in fresh lime juice with onions and tomatoes and the six Scallops a parmesan served in their shells beautifully presented on a round platter.

Most of the fish entrees come with rice, which really does nothing for me however there was one with noodles and I plumped for that. Most of the fish specialties have a spicy flavor however they do rate the spiciness on the menu which is a great help. I had the seafood medley in a light spicy sauce and my friends had the fish fillet in a really spicy sauce both were very good indeed.

If you go on their website and check the menu, you will not find their extensive range of fish dishes mentioned which is a pity, I would recommend that they keep their website up to date as reading it you could be forgiven for thinking they do not have a good selection of fish entrees.

I understand they are moving just a short distance away which will be in a more prominent position, trust me if this attracts more passing trade reservations will be a must, I have traveled along Colonial Boulevard almost daily for the past 15 years during the three months I visit Fort Myers and although I know of the strip mall I never noticed this gem tucked away in the corner.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank n313dt
Falmouth, Massachusetts
“fabul”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This small , 12 to 15, table , restaurant was more than I expected. The food was outstanding ,I had fish and my wife a fried seafood special. The husband and wife team make this a special place. It is intimate , authentic, and special. Everybody cares that you get a good meal and are taken care of.
I only hope that this restaurant can keep its authenticity in the years to come as this will surly be a top goto place in Fort Myers. It is hard to find and you don't expect great food in a strip mall

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank allen k
Toronto, Canada
“Interesting variations”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

After reading other TripAdvisor reviews we decided to give El Gaucho a try. While it wasn't what I was expecting, we did have a nice meal. We started with the Creviches Mixto (mild), which was excellent, very tangy.

The meals had generous portions, although I did find my food (t-bone steak) a bit saltier than I'd like and the sauteed veggies seemed a bit heavy on the oil used in cooking.

This isn't a cooking style I'd encountered before, so it was interesting to try something new. All-in-all it was a nice meal with big portions for a very reasonable price!

• Visited February 2013