“the best place in town”
Review of El Gaucho Inca

El Gaucho Inca
Reserve with OpenTable
El Gaucho Inca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 872 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2013

If you are around for Myers area and wanna break with the routine of the daily food ,this is the place extremely good place , excellent attention ,and the best food you can have in hundreds miles around
Argentina and Peru made a perfect combination for as , acceptable price ,good wines ,best seviche I ever try
I can spend all day talking about the food selection they have ,the owner Mariano is always ready to talk you and answer all your questions
This is a place where you feel like a king

3  Thank Rene C

Reviewed February 14, 2013

My wife (graduated in Peru) and I (frequent traveler of Latin America) went to lunch here. I saw the 5 star ratings from Tripadvisor as well as other review sites. The chef, who owns this with his wife, 'heard' from a server that my wife wanted to try the chicha morada (drink from purple corn) but she had already orderd an Inca Cola. The chef came over with a free chicha morada! The menu is diverse (ceviche and chaufa dishes from Peru and to-die-for beef dishes from Argentina) and real--- you can order beef tripe and hearts if you want, and it will be prepared in the traditional ways, or you can order a lomo saltado prepared only with filet mignon, or tira asado made with a rib cut that is flown in from Argentina-- the chef actually offered to save us some from his shipments and he would give it to us at cost! Impeccable service, furnishings from South America, fabulous prices, and what my wife called, "The best Peruvian food outside of Peru." Yeah, I'll be back. And often.

3  Thank Vic777_12
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Quinoa salad was delicious as were the parmesan scallops! Great, friendly service! I would definitely recommend this and would return.

2  Thank Murrmaid
Reviewed February 9, 2013

This unexpected place is too good to not share, but I'm hoping that we can always bring a party of 6 on a Friday night without having to wait forever! After a warm greeting, and a server who was fine with opening our own bottles of wine (corkage is around $15), we began our tasting adventure (by the way, do NOT let the pictures on their website and the menu deceive you...they do not do the food justice!). Even if you're already a fan of these regions' cuisine, I highly recommend just doing lots of appetizers! From any of the mussel appetizers (choros del vino is out of this world), to the beef heart (Anticuchos), to the most amazing ceviche (mixto is my fave), you cannot go wrong. The chorizo and sweetbreads (though a bit fatty) are so tasty, especially when dipped into their homemade Chimichurri. And the light green sauce of love that accompanies the bread (though the bread is slightly disappointing in its substance) is good on anything and everthing. El Gaucho has put some passion into their menu and the traditional generous and hospitable Latino service is in great supply, from owners to servers alike. Don't miss this place if you are looking for something deliciously different!!

1  Thank ax1
Reviewed January 24, 2013

You have it all in one package here. My personal favorite is Peruvian food, and it is hard to find anywhere. I have one in California the specialized in rotisserie chicken. But El Gaucho is triple better. It is one of the best preparers of Peruvian food, but also has an extensive selection of Argentinean dishes and, Italian. Wow!
I am a beg fan of ceviche and this is one of the best. You may have had this and other Peruvian dishes elsewhere and found it too spicy or not spicy enough. Just ask for the spicy sauce on the side and you can go from 1 to 100 if you choose. The Peruvian bouillabaisse was also outstanding. I could not finish it because of the huge appetizer size of the ceviche. And I’m not a little fellow. Had it for lunch the next day and there was still a ton of shrimp, calamari, squid mussels, clams and fish pieces to fill me up for a second meal.
It is in a strip mall on Colonial in the 4300 block—you wouldn’t look twice at it. However, once inside it is nicely decorated, with warm and comfortable lighting and seating and super excellent service. The waitress was the sweetest thing. We were taking photos between friends and asked her to take one of us all. When done she said, “Now me?” We said sure and she had another person take all of us. Really cool.
Fantastic menu, fantastic food, wonderful surroundings what more can you ask for?
By the way, three people, wine, lots of food, $110.00 less tip. Can't beat it.

5  Thank Bob B