“Like Peruvian? Argentinean? Italian?”
Review of El Gaucho Inca

El Gaucho Inca
Reserve with OpenTable
El Gaucho Inca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 856 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Flanders, New Jersey
“Like Peruvian? Argentinean? Italian?”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

You have it all in one package here. My personal favorite is Peruvian food, and it is hard to find anywhere. I have one in California the specialized in rotisserie chicken. But El Gaucho is triple better. It is one of the best preparers of Peruvian food, but also has an extensive selection of Argentinean dishes and, Italian. Wow!
I am a beg fan of ceviche and this is one of the best. You may have had this and other Peruvian dishes elsewhere and found it too spicy or not spicy enough. Just ask for the spicy sauce on the side and you can go from 1 to 100 if you choose. The Peruvian bouillabaisse was also outstanding. I could not finish it because of the huge appetizer size of the ceviche. And I’m not a little fellow. Had it for lunch the next day and there was still a ton of shrimp, calamari, squid mussels, clams and fish pieces to fill me up for a second meal.
It is in a strip mall on Colonial in the 4300 block—you wouldn’t look twice at it. However, once inside it is nicely decorated, with warm and comfortable lighting and seating and super excellent service. The waitress was the sweetest thing. We were taking photos between friends and asked her to take one of us all. When done she said, “Now me?” We said sure and she had another person take all of us. Really cool.
Fantastic menu, fantastic food, wonderful surroundings what more can you ask for?
By the way, three people, wine, lots of food, $110.00 less tip. Can't beat it.

5 Thank Bob B

Flanders, New Jersey
“Tastebud Treat”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

If Peruvian, Argentine, or yes, even Italian is on your list of dining pleasures, don't miss El Gaucho in Ft. Myers, Fl. They have an extensive selection of South American wines, the Chardonney from Chile was wonderful, and a huge,huge menu. The Peruvian is tops.....it is the best I have had. The portions are large and the cost is super good for the quality and preperation. Don't let the strip mall fool you, the restaurant is beautifully appointed with a casual atmosphere, friendly wait staff and fast service.

3 Thank fasttrack61
Fort Myers, Florida
“Been there since the beginning and we love it!”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

The food is great, the ambiance is excellent, the staff is courteous, service is awesome and scheduling your lunch or dinner is smooth! The owner takes the time to get to know his customers.

2 Thank Carlos G
Dallas, Texas
“Good meal with Friends”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Went to this place for the first time over the holidays (make a reservation if you are going to have a decent size group). We had friends in town who also enjoy different types of cuisines. Although the outside doesn't look that great (strip mall), the inside was a delight. The food and drinks were great - we started with the provoleta (melted cheese) - I wish we would have gotten more! Everyone said they enjoyed their main dish and for dessert we devoured the alfajores (cookies with dulce de leche). For service, it was a little hard to find our waitress at times, but when she came, we were able to get what we needed. I will go back to this place again, mostly for the food and atmosphere.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank kkeith13
“Amazing Flavor”
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

I have never written a review of any restaurant, but after dining here tonight I feel the need to tell others about this place. It is a mix of Argentinian and Peruvian food. It was an amazing experience. Excellent service. Our waiter was attentive but not bothersome. The food was filled with amazing favors in every course from the appetizer to the dessert. I will definitely be returning.

3 Thank Sue G