“Slightly Awkward, But Very Tasty”
Review of El Gaucho Inca

El Gaucho Inca
Ranked #27 of 928 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This is an interesting place, and if you are looking for exotic atmosphere...keep looking. It is what it is as far as the physical aspects of the space: It is a cross-cultural restaurant located in a strip mall.

Our server was brusque, just this side of rude, actually. I got the impression that our very presence there was tedious for him, and we were boring him, to boot.

So, with that out of the way--go for the food. Specifically, go for for the tastes and flavors of this food. Delicious doesn't really describe it, because a nice steak at Ruth Chris is truly delicious. My husband's steak at El Gaucho Inca was special, because it was different, came perfectly cooked with a very unique sauce, and tasted fantastic. I ordered Pescado a lo Macho, a Peruvian dish. It is a variety of seafood--scallops, fin fish, mussels in their shells, octopus, shrimp--sauteed and served enveloped a heavenly, slightly spicy, cream sauce with a side of rice. It was sublime. (Always go with the house specialty, I say.)
Our mixed seafood ceviche appitizer was also delightful, with varied fish & shellfish, some white harmony plus (I swear to God) some less dense version of corn nuts off to the side, and--inexplicably and almost comically--a couple of slices of sweet potato. I have no idea if this is a traditional Peruvian touch to ceviche, but we giggled and ate it. It was good. So there's that.
We did order dessert, and my husband enjoyed his tres leche cake. My chocolate & caramel cake was fine, but I honestly wish I had ended my meal with the taste of that amazing entree.
Go to this restaurant for the way the food tastes. You and your taste buds will not regret it for a moment.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

We had dinner as a family this evening at El Gaucho Inca and overall, had a very good experience. The restaurant was full when we arrived and fortunately, we had been able to make last minute reservations and were therefore seated very quickly. It appeared, however, that there were no empty tables when we dined at 7 p.m. on a Saturday evening. The staff were friendly even though they were extremely busy. The food was served in record time and, in fact, we thought the speed with which the food came out was unbelievable. Perhaps they had the food somewhat prepared in advance. In any event, the food was also very good. We had the rib eye steak and our youngest daughter had the pasta with the pink sauce. The portions were generous and we probably ordered too much. This restaurant is definitely a hidden gem and is off the beaten path. We will definitely return.

Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I ate there for an early dinner on a Sunday. The restaurant is small but cozy and comfortable. The location is in a shopping plaza and they really need more advertising. We wanted to try a few things so we shared two starters. Scallops with cheese and pescado ceviche. Both were good size and tasted delicious. For the main course we shared a steak. The menu showed a much larger piece of meat then what was actually served which was a little disappointing for the price. The taste however was not disappointing. It was wonderful. The service was good and the restaurant was nicely decorated . We would definitely go back.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

This restaurant is a little difficult to find. It is in a rather industrial looking strip mall. The decor is a little plain, dimming the lights perhaps would help. The food however is very good, we did not try the Argentinian food, but the Peruvian food (the menu is split) was very tastey. The staff was very helpful as we were not sure what to order. We will go again.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a mix of latin/brazilian food....a gem hidden in a strip mall away from mainstream Fort Myers. Great environment, staff, and wonderful food. Would highly recommend eating here!

1  Thank luv2travel1010