“Great Food”

Twisted Vine Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Twisted Vine Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #147 of 856 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hendry
Description: Twisted Vine Bistro, located in downtown Fort Myers' historic river district, prides itself in an extraordinary dining experience. We are a beautiful polished, casual upscale restaurant that has an eclectic menu, a full liquor bar, and a wonderful boutique wine list. We offer only the freshest seafood, certified Angus Beef, and other local unique innovative entrees. We also feature an extensive wine list, with over thirty wines by the glass. We even grow our own house herbs and spices in our courtyard garden, which is available for private parties and events, and have partnered with Roots Hertitage Urban Food Hub, a non-profit organization locally growing our in-season produce, to source local ingredients as much as possible. As if the food wasn't enough, we like to have fun and provide live entertainment on the weekends, are big supporters of the Florida Reparatory Theatre, Sidney and Berne Davis Art Center and host networking events during the week to help connect the community.
Bonita Springs, Florida
“Great Food”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

All six of us had great meals and the service was excellent. The wine corkage fee of $25 was outrageous, especially given the low prices of the wine list and they need to offer free valet parking, like the other 10 restaurants around them. Definitely worth another visit.

1 Thank Virginiatraveler777

Cape Coral, Florida
“Consistently good!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Great atmosphere; good food; great service; great location; great wine list; good draft and bottled beer selection. This is our favorite restaurant downtown.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Missmarymacc
Fort Myers, Florida
“Crazy actions from the staff and owners”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

A group of about 20 or so went here for lunch today. A great menu. We got our orders in and the wait for the food was a bit on the long side. finally our food arrives and we are enjoying our meal and then the interesting part happens.

My wife is sitting across the table from me and attempts to move her plastic chair ( we are on their outdoor patio ) back a bit from the table. Well, the next thing .... there is a loud "pop" sound and my wife is laying on her back on the ground. Oh well, you gotta credit the wait staff .. they kept right on waiting while my wife has just taken a hard fall because the leg of her chair broke off. Needless to say our group was on their feet trying to determine if my wife had broken bones or other serious injury. Most of the group looked in time to see her hit the ground.

Now the restaurant staff just ignore this, the owners wife is on duty, sort of walks in, sees this and then disappears. After awhile, I ask one of the wait staff if the manager would come over to see us. She finally appears, expresses surprise that we would be having a problem, reluctantly looks at the broken chair and sort of does a shrug with a bit of a "so what". However she does offer a bag of ice when she sees the blood on my wifes elbow. She "dances" around a bit and offers no apology, one of our party suggests that the restaurant pick up my wifes bill .... that lady was promptly informed that "that is not YOUR decision" and the manager walks away.
A while later the owner cruises in ... looks the situation over, does not offer an apology either to my wife or the lady who was told "this is not your decision".
The bill came and they did not charge my wife for her food, they did however charge me for my food. We are leaving for vacation tomorrow and I have a wife that is very sore from an awful fall when that chair leg broke off.
I suggested to the owner that his outdoor chairs may be beyond their dependable useful life. He seemed certain that these old chairs were "just fine" ! My view is that if one failed .... you better watch out.
I hope my wife is OK ! I feel the owner and his wife especially could use some public relations help and perhaps their Insurance company will encourage that training for them.

2 Thank Rich062
Cape Coral, Florida, United States
“Great Meal”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Had not been there in a few years was pleasantly surprised appetizers were fabulous dinner was well presented and very good i will be back well worth going to!

Cape Coral, FL
“Great Dining Experience!”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My friend and I had a wonderful dinner at th Twisted Vine Bistro last night! It is a very trendy, upscale restaurant located in downtown Fort Myers. We had an excellent appetizer of beef tenderloin tips. I had the Gulf Shrimp Mac and Cheese which was awesome and she thoroughly enjoyed her scallop dinner. The food, service and atmosphere were great and we will definitely return!

1 Thank jeannien604