“Best wings I ever ate”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lee Roy Selmon's

Lee Roy Selmon's
Ranked #100 of 848 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Best wings I ever ate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

I am a bit of a wimp when it comes to wings but the mild wings here were off the charts good. Plenty of flavor without burning the mouth. Great smoky, barbecue flavor - smoky not sweet. Others had various other dishes and were equally pleased. Plenty of TV's.

Visited October 2012

Fort Myers, Florida
“Good Thing Lee Roy is not with us anymore and didn't eat here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Talk about a total disappointment.

We went there this past Saturday evening, around 7:00. Seated fairly quickly. That was about the last good thing that happened.

Waiter was pleasant and took and brought our drinks, soda and tea, and then left for about 15 minutes. I did see he had one other table to serve. I guess it was too much for him.

He finally took our orders. Thats when he informed us of Lee Roy Selmon's new policy of only one roll per diner. They could then be ordered separately for $2.99 or count as a side. Are you kidding me? Serious? One roll per diner? Talk about a low class move to institute a new policy for their diners over rolls.

We then ordered. Each of us ordered a steak dinner which included two sides. The other three in my party ordered salad and smashed potatoes as their sides. I had smashed potatoes and bacon and cheddar grits, at the recommendation of our waiter.

At the last moment, I noticed the steak dinner my wife was ordering, could also be ordered with shrimp for a few dollars extra. So I had her order this Sirloin and shrimp dinner and I would eat her shrimp ( as she doesn't do seafood, and my rib eye didn't have that option ). So again I PAID EXTRA for the steak and shrimp dinner for her.

After about a half hour our dinners arrived. I immediately laughed as you could see they actually used an ice cream scoop to serve each of us a perfectly round one scoop of potatoes.
I went to add butter to mine and that's when I noticed that my potatoes were cold, as was my bacon and cheddar grits. Again as stated earlier, our server must have had trouble working two tables. He was kind enough to go back and microwave the grits and smashed potatoes for me. No, he didn't say, I'm sorry let me get you some fresh ones. Oh, yes, the others in my party also said their potatoes were cold as well, but didn't send them back. As for a the bacon cheddar grits? Even when nuked steaming hot, just pitiful tasting and the texture of glue. The steak wasn't bad.

Then after we finished eating, the server waited about 15 minutes to bring us out tab.

Imagine my surprise when I saw that my wife was charged extra for her salad. Wow, seems the small print on the menu states that if you upgrade from the sirloin dinner, to the sirloin and shrimp dinner, for an upcharge, there is also an additional $2.95 upcharge for the salad. Oh yeas, THAT dinner is the only dinner on the menu that comes with ONLY 1 side HAHAHA.
The waiter informed me when i questioned him about the extra charge for a salad with an upgraded dinner.

Oh don't worry, here comes the manager, who looked at the menu for a few minutes and said, oh yes this dinner only has one side.

No, he didn't say, I'm sorry for the confusion, I'll take care of it this time", as a service orientated manager would do for repeat customers. Nope, just kind of smiled as if to say, well that's the policy of lee Roy Selmon's.

I did iterate to him that that was ok, as they would NEVER have the opportunity to cheat me or my family again. Honestly, I don't think he cared. lol as Her just walked off.

But that's o.k. too, as it was easy for me to deduct it from the young mans tip, for as I feel, lousy service, lousy food, and cheating me out of $$.

Again, if I did not make it clear, "I WILL NEVER EAT AT LEE ROY SELMON'S IN FORT MYERS FLORIDA EVER AGAIN" and "WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE EVER"

That's at 5056 Daniels Parkway, Fort Myers, FL

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Rick M
Estero, Florida
“Not as good as it used to be”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

This was one of our favorite places. But this past Friday night, it was crowded and service was poor. Our favorite Gumbo soup was tepid and not hot. Sent it back and it was returned at a better temperature and given gratis. The usually delish brisket was overcooked and had to be sent back. The St Louis ribs were good, not great and not hot. Took too long to get extra dipping sauce, refills on soda and tea, and a long wait for the bill. We were surprised that its level of service had deteriorated - we usually give it 5 stars - but this visit was only a 3. Lunch is less crowded - perhaps that is the answer.

Visited October 2012
Mpls, MN
“won't hesitate to return”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

I have been to this restaurant numerous times and have never been disappointed in the overall experience. I almost always try something different on the menu and have never been disappointed in the food. The only reason I didn't give it five stars is the last few times I've been there, service has been a bit slower than usual. But note that has happened at times not as busy, so maybe they were a bit more interested in keeping customers around than when it is busy. It should be also be noted, they are almost always busy because they have good food at reasonable prices. The location is good too. If you want really good "bar food" this is way better than most. I like that they have call ahead take out too. One of my favorite casual dining spots in Fort Myers

• Visited May 2012
“Consistent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

I love the fried green tomatoes. The food is above average and the service is generally pretty good.

Visited July 2012