“"Completely Unimpressed!"”

Dining options: Late Night
Melbourne, Florida
“"Completely Unimpressed!"”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

My wife and I were visiting the area for the first time and after an afternoon of shopping at the nearby Miromar Outlets, we decided to try Pincher's upon the recommendation of a sales clerk. Since it was our first time we both opted for entrees that were highlighted on the menu as specialty items. There was nothing "special" about either. The angel hair pasta in my shrimp scampi was overcooked and there was way too much butter in the shrimp preparation. My wife ordered the "Great Grouper Sandwich," but trust me, there was nothing "great" about the grouper. It was so bland that I don't believe it was seasoned at all.
The service was just ok. Our server didn't seem too enthused to be serving us or anyone else that day. We will certainly return to Fort Myers, Lord willing, but we will never eat at Pincher's at GCTC again....It was a very disappointing experience.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Charlie5-06

southwest FL
“eh...not as many deals as one would have thought”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We came in to avoid a storm. Was looking for gluten free and was a little disappointed in the options. I felt that there could have been more available. Some chains will put on the GF menu "order the burger with no bun". Since there was no option for that, it made me wonder what was in the food? Was it a hidden filler or spice? The menu was blank on the back, so I didn't know if a page had fallen out. When I asked the server what they knew about GF, the response was "we have a menu".

We read on the outside that "Kids Eat Free" and saw the little star, but never saw an explanation. We ordered food from the menu - oysters and shrimp, and a kids meal. Only later would we find out the kids meal was not in fact free, that you had to order an entree. If we would have known that, we would have ordered something else, or not let him get the $4 milkshake - thinking that his food was free. I would have thought that maybe the server would have informed us that this was not in the deal, but then again, it just drove the price of the check up, possibly increasing his tip.

Then, the price of the happy hour beers - it is supposed to be 2 for 1, correct? I am having a hard time believing that you would charge $5.50 for one mug of the beer. It was maybe a 10 oz mug. We were very surprised to see that the 2 for 1 price was $5.50.

I have to admit, we were very disappointed. We like to visit locally owned places, but will probably pass next time on this one. To avoid a storm it cost us $70. Next time, I will sit in my car.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank gatorbait75
“Cute place good food”
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

I tried rock shrimp for the first and was pleasantly surprised at the taste. Very good in the garlic sauce. My boyfriend got the fried shrimp platter he was happy with them. The garlic mashes potatoes were good too. We got the hot crab dip as an appetizer, boy was that good! I would recommend this place. It's kitschy and cute with good seafood.

singapore
“Great food near RSW”
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

Insofar as eating before or after a flight, we always believe in comfort food nearby: not in the airport and certainly not in flight. For South West Florida, this is our haunt. The fact that this is in the Town Center mall didn't bother us. We had early dinner here to take advantage of 2 for 1 beers during Happy Hour (3-6 pm) and oysters clams shrimps and wings at 70 cents each! Grilled Grouper Reuben Sandwich is a must have(A). Forget the Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes which my wife ordered. Too much mayo smothered the fresh crabmeat. Better to try whole crab sold on a per pound basis or skip crab altogether. Pinchers have 9 outlets in Florida, 4 in Fort Myers alone.

Visited June 2014
Rapid City, South Dakota
“best burger i've eaten, EVER!”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I'm a midwest farm boy, raised in Eastern Montana on a cattle ranch. I don't know what the kitchen did to make this burger, but this was a "Blow you away" WOW burger. Had the coconut shrimp as an appetizer that were ok, but this burger was AMAZING. I am reluctant to advise beef at a seafood place, but in this case, I'll make an exception.
Spoke with the Manager on Duty to give prop's to the cook for the great food, he headed straight back to the kitchen to compliment the guy with grill duty (said he was being cross trained to move out to the front of house- hope he does well, but also hope he keeps his grill time) .
DEFINITELY will eat here again when I get back to Ft Myers.

• Visited April 2014