“5 STAR IN EVERY WAY!”

Ranked #16 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Cortez, Florida
“5 STAR IN EVERY WAY!”
Reviewed June 23, 2010

Having traveled for a living for 40 years, I have stayed in many hotels at all ranges of the price spectrum. This little jewel on the way to RSW airport totally took me off guard. I had to attend a 2 day meeting and was delighted with this hotel in every way. The hotel staff couldn't have been more courteous and helpful. The rooms were big, towels and bed linens top rate. Everything was clean and fresh and all the standard amenities you would expect in a $200 a night room were there....double sink areas, wet bar, microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker. I'm hoping for another meeting there. The full buffet breakfast was great too.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Cape Coral
Reviewed June 23, 2010

I just ended a two-day seminar at the AmericInn and just had to write a review about this hotel (which I have never done before). As a past Marriott employee for many years, I didn't think there was another hotel to compare with Marriott until I arrived at AmericInn on Tuesday. The hotel is beautifully appointed, the staff extremely helpful, the rooms cool, clean, crisp......the breakfast bar fully loaded with breakfast foods (free), coffee available around the clock along with cookies! It is close to the airport and only a few miles from shopping and restaurants. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone coming into the area. Thank you AmericInn for a wonderful stay!!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed April 22, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the AmericInn recently, we planned a little Stay-cation. We started searching for hotels in the area with whirlpool suites and it turns out the AmericInn is one of the only hotels around that offers rooms with whirlpools. Plus, the hotel is brand new. We are from the Chicago area originally and know the AmericInn name. They have many properties in the midwest so we made our booking. We stayed for a night and really enjoyed everything. (I reccommend calling the hotel directly to make a reservation because they were running some special rates.)

The staff was friendly and helpful (refreshing compared to some places we've walked into in the past), the location is great. It's close to the airport with restaurants nearby. Gulf Coast Town Center is a couple miles away, we had dinner at PF Changs that night.

The hotel is new and very clean. The lobby has a welcoming Tommy Bahama feel and our room was ready to go. Modern and updated, no ugly/crusty bedspreads there. The person at the front desk said it's called triple sheeting. Everything washed after every checkout.

Breakfast was included with the price of the room and I did not have high expectations, but I was pleasantly surprised. Scrambled eggs, bacon, waffles made to order, biscuits and gravy, and then all the normal things like bagels and cereal. We spent a little time at the pool outside that morning and then went home feeling refreshed.

Kudos to the hotel and the employees, we'll definately be back!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
doylestown, pa
Reviewed April 7, 2010

Great hotel! Only a year old so the rooms and all the amenties are nice and new. Breakfast in the morning that is included is amazing- biscuits with sausage gravy, eggs, and make your own belgian waffles in addition to regular breakfast items. Most important aspect of this hotel though is the service-each staff member will go out of their way to help you with whatever you may need. Keith, the general manager, is the best! He drove us over to Uno so we didnt have to walk across the highway to get dinner.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
nj
Reviewed April 6, 2010

I was bumped from my US Airlines flight and put in this hotel. My luggage went to Philadelphia and my children and I were shuttled over to the AmericInn. At a glance, this would have been a hotel that I certainly would have overlooked. But, after staying, I would certainly go back. Though the room wasn't particularly special in any way, it was very clean... as was the entire hotel. What impressed me the most was the staff. From the moment the shuttle picked us up at the airport our experience was good.

First, we were offered a later checkout to meet our travel needs at no extra expense. Then, because we were without our luggage, they offered to have the shuttle bus drive my children and I over to Target to pick up swimsuits. All the staff I encountered was incredibly friendly as well.

When we woke up I didn't expect the great breakfast that the hotel provided. Most inexpensive hotels barely offer much beyond coffee, cereal and stale muffins. This hotel had eggs, bacon, sausage, a waffle station, bagels, cereal, fruit... and on and on...

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family