“great hotel!”

Ranked #17 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Arlington, Virginia
“great hotel!”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Great place to stay. The room, facilities and rate were the best.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nell22203

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Lusby, Maryland
Reviewed February 1, 2012

I stayed in one of the Deluxe Rooms for a week while in Fort Myers on business. The room was clean, spacious and the bed was comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. The price for the room was very good as they were running a promotional rate. Each night the hotel offered two free adult beverages (beer/wine only) in the common area. The "Bistro" area served a limited menu of items and I ate breakfast there once and the conference provide appetizers after work one day. The idea of having food made to order is nice, but everything I ate was pre-made and just warmed up. I would not recommend buying food at this hotel. Every other accommodation was more than satisfactory. Avoid the "Bistro" food and you will have a pleasant stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed January 19, 2012

This place is a great place..... You walk in the door to friendly faces. The new decor in the lobby area make you feel as if you have walked into an updated southern plantation! The rates are fantastic and their little Bistro has great items to choose from. I prefer a fresh cooked meal over a breakfast buffet. You never know how long the buffett food sits around so the Bistro makes it fresh!

The hotel is making some great improvements over the chain hotels by making me feel like a guest, not a number and with these prices.... it is easy to stay!

I am glad they offer the shuttle service to the mall area!

Thanks for a great stay..... I'll be back and I highly recommend it to ANYONE!

Dusty

Room Tip: check out the three room suites and book with their front desk.... the prices are WONDERFUL!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank DustyH_12
Connecticut
Reviewed January 1, 2012

We got an excellent rate for our two-night stay and our room was quite spacious. The bed was comfortable, and the staff was friendly and helpful. We also enjoyed the jacuzzi next to the swimming pool. There were a few minor glitches, though. The free continental breakfast consists of muffins and danish, and by the time we got down to the lobby at 9:30 the first morning we were there, there were only two muffins and two danishes left. The hotel has opened its new restaurant, the Bistro, and they're trying to encourage people to pay to eat breakfast there instead.
The entire hotel is non-smoking, but guests can smoke by the pool. There was a problem with the cable system when we were there and half of the channels, including HBO, weren't coming in. The hotel does have free wi-fi, but if you have an Apple device such as an iPod or iBook, you can only access the network from the lobby, not from your room.
These are minor inconveniences, though, and I would happily stay here again. And I did enjoy the homemade cookies in the lobby

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed December 31, 2011

My son's hockey team was booked to stay at the Floridian after a mix up with a different hotel. Upon our arrival, we were greeted by the staff who was very friendly & helpful. When you enter the lobby, it felt like you were at home. The staff went above & beyond to accommodate our team, even though we would get a little loud at times. They provided us with a meeting room to keep the kids out of the hallway. They even personalized a flyer with our team logo showing us our breakfast options. They also went above & beyond by having breakfast ready for the team at 5:30 am as we had an early game. The manager & his wife as well as all of the staff made us feel right at home. I would recommend this hotel to anyone & would enjoy staying there again on our next trip to Ft. Myers.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Lehigh Acres
Reviewed December 6, 2011

Needed to get away for a day....checked in for the weekend. The room was beautiful. Everything is brand new. The hotel was so nice. They even had homemade cookies and coffee in the lobby.
The room was great. It had a great jetted tub. There was a docking station for your MP3 player...they've thought of everything!
It was a great little escape!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Franklin TN
Reviewed June 19, 2011

I just returned home after a 23 hour delay on Delta airlines. My flight out of Ft Myers was cancelled after I sat on the plane at the gate for over 2 hours! When I got off we all had to rebook. I was offered the option of staying over and flyng out early the next morning. I got a hotel voucher for the Floridian and I can tell you when I saw the name of the hotel I was nervous. The first thing that came to mind was bed bugs, no name hotel! Perhaps par for the course for a "quality" Delta afiilitated property. I caught a shuttle to the hotel after being told they had no restaurant...I had to use my food dinner voucher at the airport Chili's. Another red flag as I thought, great this joint is in the middle of no where.
Our driver Wally was very pleasant and on the 10 minute drive to the hotel he told us there was a gas stattion with a Subway and a CVS right next door. Ok maybe not too bad?
When we checked in our van unloaded and we lined up again. There was only one associate there, Dan. He checked each of us in and was very pleasant even though it took a while. I must say I was pleasantly suprised at the hotel. It was new and a typical 4 story design with interior halls, elevator, pool and very large breakfast area.
My room was quite large with a big King bed, microwave, fridge, wet bar and large bathroom. I have to say it was the cleanest room I have seen in quite some time. Aside from maybe some rambunctious kids above me running around it was extremely quiet. I didn't hear a door slam, toilet flush, voices or water running at all.
The pool area was kind of small but had some palm trees around for ambiance and big fluffy towels to use.
Since my early flight was also messed up and delayed 3 hours I was able to eat breakfast at the hotel. The breakfast area was huge and had hot food(bacon, eggs, gravy, biscuits etc), tons of pastries, cereal, hot fresh waffles, milk, juice and coffee. Just about anything one could want for breakfast and all very tasty.
I took my shuttle back to the airport with Wendy driving and she was just as nice as she could be. Completely empathetic to what we had endured with Delta as she said problems with their flights happen quite often.
I must say I was pleasantly suprised by the hotel experience...with Delta not so much.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family