“Fun Atmosphere”

Gatorbites
Ranked #110 of 848 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Illinois
“Fun Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Gator Bites is a local bar and restaurant with a very upbeat atmosphere and some outdoor seating. Many locals choose to go there. The own is attentive and background music upbeat too. Wide choice of selections on menu with many including actual gator bites.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank IllinoisTravelgirl

Oslo, Norway
“Poor service and food!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

My wife and I stayed at a hotel close by and dropped in for a drink and a bite. It was a bit noisy inside so we got a table outside. The waitress seemed new and uneperienced and forgot us after we were served. Never followed up with drinks, difficult to Get the bill and they messed up charging my card double and had to refund. My wife had buffalowings, wich seemed like a poor copy of someone elses and I had a cheeseburger with fries. Burger was ok by taste and well done as I ordered but I woke up in the middle of the night with stomachache. 35 USD for 10 wings, burger and fries and 2 drinks was not impressive either.

• Visited July 2013
West Palm Beach, Florida, USA
“Better Then Expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

We are staying at the Residence Inn next door and after driving all day, wanted to just get something quickly and we really weren't expecting much. The menu had a much bigger selection then we anticipated and very reasonable prices. My husband enjoyed the Gator Bites and fries and I got the Chicken Nachos. All of the toppings on the nachos had been skillet cooked then put on the nachos. A nice twist on taste and the cheese was fresh grated. I had the $6 Strawberry Shortcake with whipped cream and it was delicious. Our waitress was really good and knew the food. The only downside, we tried to go back another night, but it was much later then our first visit and the band was way too loud; we decided not to go in.

• Visited June 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Best shrimp- Friendly and Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

Gatorbites was a fun place with very friendly staff. The manager was attentive and answered all our questions about the gator decor. My husband is a U of Fl alumnus and was intrigued by all the gator stuff. We came away with a shirt as well as an unusual Lederer German beer glass with the gator hugging his beer.

Now for the food. We had fried grouper and shrimp. Good fried foods are hard to find, but we had a pleasant surprise. They were both battered very lightly and fried to perfection, not greasy. The shrimp had such a fresh flavor and texture that I have been wishing for more ever since. I will definitely return if we are in the area in future.

The atmosphere is casual so we were comfortable going just as we were after a long drive. Prices are moderate and food good.

• Visited May 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cool place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Discovered this place on our yearly trip to sanibel this year when we arrived a day early and grabbed a hotel next door for night. Food was great and cheap and staff was super friendly and also brought out a bowl of water to my dog as we waited for out take out while having a drink on outside patio.i can not wait to stop there again next year on our way b/c everything on menu sounded good and looked good( from scoping out all the customers meals)

• Visited May 2013