“I Would Eat Here Every Day, But”

Bennett's Fresh Roast
Ranked #1 of 22 Bakeries in Fort Myers
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Charming cafe serving breakfast and lunch and famous hand-cut, from-scratch donuts. Coffee is fresh roasted in-house in micro batches.
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I would eat here every day, but I live 500 miles away. My wife and I recently took an extended weekend trip to Cape Coral and Naples. In advance of the trip I searched Tripadvisor for unique and good places to eat. I am not a fan of chain places and will avoid them every chance I get. Bennett's Fresh Roast was a place that I looked forward to visiting after reading all of the review and hoped it would live up to expectations.

Well, it didn't just live up to to expectations, but far exceeded them! Our first visit was so enjoyable we returned the next morning also. My favorite item on the menu was the Maple Bacon donut. The bacon was just enough to offset the sweetness of the donut, and was surprising a old combination. The Orange Coconut donut was amazingly good, too! The Breakfast Strata was excellent.

Be sure to visit Bennett's if you are ever in the Fort Myers/Cape Coral area. If you live nearby and haven't visited yet, what the heck are you waiting for?

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I went here based on the reviews and also because of the location ( by edison/Ford.) This place is a real gem, it is in an old converted house in a residental area. It has nice comfortable indoor/outdoor seating. I ordered a coffee and the Orange Coconut donut and thought they were both very very good. You need to go early because they tend to sell out of some of their food. Although the food is good the main reason to go is the friendly staff and atmosphere. It is simply just a cool place to relax and have cup of coffee.

Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

We saw a TV ad for this place stating the "best donuts". They are right. A funky feel to this little gem. Bright colors, nice smooth jazz playing in the background and very friendly.

Coffee fresh roasted at the premises. You can have drip brewed or French press coffee. Donuts that are warm from just being made. I love the cinnamon sugar ones and my wife has the orange coconut. A favorite seems to be the maple bacon donut.

Be prepared to wait in a short line at rush times. Well worth the wait, and I hate to wait in line for most anything.

A great place to spend an hour to relax and have a memorable time.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I'm not a doughnut guy, but they are good. If you want to eat breakfast, be sure to show up when the rest of the world does. The food goes quickly... because it's good.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

This restaurant is awesome! So worth the calories! The coffee is fresh roasted and freshly made. The doughnuts are fresh made and melt in your mouth :) the serving staff is very nice and right on top of everything. We will be coming back!!!

1  Thank bringthetoothbrush