“Last minute stop”

Cuisines: Mexican
Fort Myers, Florida
“Last minute stop”
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I see this small place when we drive by and think about stopping but never do. Today we changed that and we're glad we did. The place is not great looking outside and inside. I ordered 3 carnitas. My husband decided to try the enchilada and dorado platter. I liked my carnitas. A serving of one carnita is not enough if you're starving. We shared the platters and that was enough for the two of us. The dorado were crispy tacos with side of rice and beans. It was ok. We didn't get to eat the enchiladas. Left them for the next day. But the one that we did try was spicy and overall ok too. The horchatas we had were excellent. I believe we will come back and try something else from their menu. Hopefully we'll find something that we just have to have.

Santa Clara, California
“Great Food at Low Price”
Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

Loved this little roadside shack. Soft tacos were fabulous and two can eat for under$10. Check it out for lunch.

Fort Myers, Florida
“Great fish tacos & chicken tamales”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We live nearby & heard some great comments about this "hole in the wall" place. Wife had the chicken tamales & she rated them as outstanding. My two fish tacos were equally as good. Very fresh & tasty ingredients. The prices are more than reasonable & the staff (presumably male owner) was knowledgable, courteous & helpful. Will return ASAP. This would be the kind of place featured by Guy Fieri in Diners Driveins & Dives.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Al S
Phu Quoc Island, Vietnam
“Worth going”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I would go here once a week usually, when living in Fort Myers. The food is cheap (price wise) and very fresh. I came to eventually know the owner and once he took me back in the kitchen to show me how they were making the different sauces that day.

The fresh Mango juice is a must when visiting. Also get a side of chips and pico. They make the chips in house and they are truly the best i've ever had.

It's not fancy at all. The decor of the place almost could not be tackier. But it's worth going for some good chicken tacos or enchiladas. At the very least, order take-out and bring home a feast with you.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Charles V
New Haven, Connecticut
“You Have to Go to Taco Viva”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stopped by Taco Viva for the first time today not knowing what to expect. The look of the place isn't much, but the food is awesome! My husband had fish tacos that came with butterfly shrimp, french fries and soda. It was an awesome deal at 5.99. I had a beef crunchy taco and Barbacoas. The meat in the barbacoa was so tender and juicy. I highly recommend it. We finished it off with mexican fried ice cream. Great place. Go there! Excellent home made food at a low price!

• Visited April 2013