“Absolutely AWESOME food - consistently!”

Austrian-German Restaurant
Ranked #46 of 929 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: Austrian, German
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Description: Helmut (chef) has been indulging their guests since many years until August 31st 2017. Time has come to retire and transfer the restaurant to young and engaged people, Nicole and Dieter who get a new approach to manage the restaurant with ideas. I thank all friends, guests and relatives for their support. My main goals have always been: make guests feel at home, let them enjoy fine food and make them having a good time. This will be also the intention of Nicole and Dieter from Germany. We are located in the Courtyard of the Royal Palm Square. Every 2nd Saturday of the month is an event: German-Night with a big buffet.
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Great food! Wonderful atmosphere. Whatever you choose from the menu - it's delicious! The best!!! Go here whenever you get a chance, and take friends. You won't be sorry.

1  Thank Ralph E

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Hubby and I stopped for lunch. He had the roasted pork which fell apart accompanied by a dumpling and kraut. I had the jager schnitzel with spaetzle. I also had the complimentary squash soup which I now want to make for Thanksgiving. Enough was taken home for another meal for the "dog". LOL. He never saw it! So good we had to pass on dessert. Would love to sample her strudle or black forest cake. Do plan on stopping for a loaf of her sunflower seed bread. It's gigantic. The folks at the adjoining table ordered salads and were very pleased. The waiter was very nice too.

1  Thank Patricia B
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I have traveled all over the world experiencing different types of foods, including foods of my German heritage. I lived in a town of 50,000 people of which 60% were German. The food at all the restaurants were as good as my German mother's. This restaurant's food was tasteless at best, and tasted like soap at worst.
We were at their Saturday night buffet. We arrived at 6:45PM and the majority of the food was already gone. We were told it would be continuously replaced....this never happened! My husband came especially for the sauerbraten and dumplings and the apple strudel, which were gone when we arrived and were never replenished. We paid for the food and tipped the waiter (who was wonderful), but unlike Dunkin ' Donuts, it was NOT WORTH THE TRIP.

6  Thank joanbassano
Reviewed November 8, 2013

To preface, ten of us arrived on time for our dinner reservation and found another table of approximately the same number were already there. That is going to challenge a small restaurant for sure!!! It was a 1st visit for all of us and we all agreed we'd return as the food was delicious! Starting off was two piping hot potato pancakes...recommend! I had the creme soup of the day...very good but lukewarm as were all the serving. The broth soup choice on the other hand was also very good and piping hot! On to the main course... many had a Schnitzel entree [multiple to pick from] while I chose the beef stroganov. Awesome...just as I remembered from many of the same in Europe...but too bad it too was lukewarm! The wine and beer selections both very good. Our waitperson was excellent!. No one was disappointed in any of their choices and as I said we all will return but serving food almost room temperature was my reason for '4' rating....

1  Thank Nanasues
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Always the BEST of food and atmosphere!
The comment is not mine alone, but often heard from local folks and also from those who visit from Europe and other locations.
Recently took important visitors from the Austrian Embassy located in Washington DC to the restaurant and their comments were "Outstanding. We felt totally at home." Visitors from Chicago have made the similar comments and added that they would like to "pack" the restaurant in their suitcase to take home...
It is my favorite place to take company, business associates and family.
Gerda M. Hansen