“Great Octoberfest Feeling like Munich with Awesome Food and Service”

Austrian-German Restaurant
Ranked #37 of 877 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: Austrian, German
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Helmut (chef) has been indulging their guests since many years until August 31st 2017. Time has come to retire and transfer the restaurant to young and engaged people, Nicole and Dieter who get a new approach to manage the restaurant with ideas. I thank all friends, guests and relatives for their support. My main goals have always been: make guests feel at home, let them enjoy fine food and make them having a good time. This will be also the intention of Nicole and Dieter from Germany. We are located in the Courtyard of the Royal Palm Square. Every 2nd Saturday of the month is an event: German-Night with a big buffet.
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My Husband and I celebrate our anniversary this year at the Austrian German Restaurant we came right on time
to the Octoberfest celebration we had a really good time the Food was awesome the Service excellent like Munich or any other places like Wien etc......
Helmut and Helga are the best in SWF
I can tell
If you looking for excellent Dinner to treat your love ones is right there you can miss it

2  Thank edith m

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Attended the Octoberfest, all you can eat, for first time at this restaurant. Great time, awesome food (most of which we had never had before and great chance to try new things). Loved each food item. It was like a back yard barbecue where you take your food hot right off the grill.
Helmut, the owner, made you feel like family - extremely warm, kind, and attentive to our every need. Fantastic music and a great beer recommendation from Helmut made this an evening to remember! Hard to find as it sits in the middle courtyard of the Royal Palm shopping plaza - keep looking till you find it!

1  Thank RRT-NPS
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My daughter and I were planning to have the four course table menu, but they were celebrating Octoberfest with a large buffet, so we were able to taste as many of their offerings as we could. The pig knuckles, stuffed cabbage, red cabbage, bread, and sausages were very good. Their sauerbraten, which is why I wanted to eat here, was tough and tasteless which was such a disappointment. I make better. Also the strudel was so tough I couldn't eat the pastry part, only the apples, which were fine. The wait staff was very pleasant and helpful. This was our most expensive meal on this trip, but unfortunately, it was not our best.

3  Thank Sylvia P
AG-Restaurant, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Austrian-German Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Thank you so much for your review. We apologize if not all dishes have been to your satisfaction. Your review will encourage us to do it better.
One thing we do not understand: Do you think that $ 19.90 for an "all-you-can-eat buffet" is too expensive?

Reviewed October 4, 2013

The hospitality, the amazing food and drink, the first class European service, - just as great as back in Vienna.

Thank you so much for your review.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

My family and I had the good fortune of eating lunch at the Austrian-German Restaurant. The establishment is clean and well-kept and its wait staff was efficient and attentive to our party's needs. The menu has many traditional (and some not-so traditional) German dishes and an assortment of German and Austrian beers - both from the tap and bottled. Most of the folks in my party had either the jaegerwurst or the bratwurst. I ordered the currywurst and another person in my party ordered the saurberbraten. All entrees were served with a cup of piping hot spinach soup or bean and franks soup. The entrees had either spaetzle and red cabbage or roasted potatoes and red cabbage. The consensus at our table was both soups were delicious. Our entrees were served in a timely manner and the portions were generous. My currywurst was flavorful and filling. Everyone was satisfied. My cousin ordered the apple strudel; unfortunately, I did not sample it. By this point, I was filled to the top. Our waiter, a native Austrian with a barely detectable accent, was kind enough to allow us to pay for our tickets separately (-there were 8 in our party). I cannot say enough good about this restaurant, its menu, and its service. You owe it to yourself to eat here!

Thank you so much for your review.