“Ein Prosit”

Austrian-German Restaurant
Ranked #47 of 933 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: Austrian, German
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Description: Helmut (chef) has been indulging their guests since many years until August 31st 2017. Time has come to retire and transfer the restaurant to young and engaged people, Nicole and Dieter who get a new approach to manage the restaurant with ideas. I thank all friends, guests and relatives for their support. My main goals have always been: make guests feel at home, let them enjoy fine food and make them having a good time. This will be also the intention of Nicole and Dieter from Germany. We are located in the Courtyard of the Royal Palm Square. Every 2nd Saturday of the month is an event: German-Night with a big buffet.
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

Great authentic food! Sehr Gut gescmeht! Danny worked his butt off.. service awesome.
(Bathroom needs some work)

AG-Restaurant, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Austrian-German Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you very much for your review.
We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

Made reservations for Mothers Day. By first impressions walking in was disappointing, but after being seated we were very impressed by the service of our waiter, but by the menu and the food!!! The wine was excellent too. Highly recommend.

Thank you very much for your review.
We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

My husband and I found this restaurant by accident when one of the owners, Helmut, was in the same specialty store in Fort Myers as we were and we started talking. He told us about the buffet that evening and we said we would go. We arrived about 5:30 p.m. for a fabulous buffet and live German music. Our experience could not have been nicer. We were warmly greeted and sat at a nice table inside. The buffet was set up outside and everything was delicious. At 6 p.m. Helga came out with a large suckling pig to complement the buffet. There was a huge assortment at the buffet tables and was beautifully set up. We couldn't try everything because there was such a large selection. The Spaetzle, red cabbage, Wiener Schnitzel, potato salad, sauerkraut, etc. were exceptionally good. The dessert table was beautifully set up and the apple and plum strudels were great. We are so glad we found this restaurant and will definitely go again. I enjoyed my beverage, sparkling apple juice, that wasn't sweet as most beverages are. My husband enjoyed a dark beer, and we had a wonderful two hours for dinner and dessert. My husband also enjoyed the Vienese coffee with his dessert. Thank you, Helmut and Helga, for a great dining experience.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Best Austrian German restaurant in North America.. To me.

My father is Austrian and my mother German... And I have many Swiss cousins... I travel to these countries every year since I was a little girl... I might not be a foodie... But I can recognize an "Oma 's" Sunday dinner. And Helga and her protege has my respect.

I had the sauerbraten. As my mom does not make it often... It was wonderful.. The red cabbage .... Mouthwatering. I ordered the Spatzle... As this is my favourite noodles.... The noodles were better than my mom's and her best friend.. Thankfully they will never read this review!

My friends had various schnitzel dinners... All delicious.

Lastly... The dumpling soup... Just like Oma from Austria

Thank you for your care to the traditional cuisine.....

We are heading again tonight.. Hmm twice in one week!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I have read the wonderful reviews about this place and wanted to try it, but we never got the chance. We were seated outside and were never acknowledged for 40 minutes! Apparently, the restaurant was very busy that evening. When people at another table started to hand us menus, a woman came by and gave us menus, but that is as close as we got to dealing with staff, other than the man who seated us. The waiter actually avoided eye contact with us. It became kind of funny, but we tired of the game and left. (We were not the only ones to leave.) Instead, we went to an old favorite, Kenwood Grill, and got waited on immediately. Still undecided about whether we will give it another try.

7  Thank kathy1028