“Awesome Restaurant”

Austrian-German Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 857 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: Austrian, German
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Description: Helmut (chef) has been indulging their guests since 30 years. His main goals are: make guests feel at home, let them enjoy fine food and make them having a good time. Therefore there's Inside and Outside seating available. Since 2008, we serve original Austrian and German dishes. Plus a selection of regional specialties. We are located in the Courtyard of the Royal Palm Square. Every 2nd saturday of the month: German-Night with a big buffet.
venice, fl
“Awesome Restaurant”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

This Restaurant is a great place for authentic German food. I come from a German background, and rarely do I find a place that makes the real deal. I recommend everything on the menu, but the Jägerschnitzel is my favorite.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank jdland

Brantford, Canada
“What a Find”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Great variety on menu, atmosphere was good, the quantity of food - wow - so glad we finally found this place

• Visited December 2012
Houston, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of my favorites in Ft. Myers”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

When my sister and brother-in-law said they'd been wanting to try this restaurant because they'd heard so many good things about it, I was a bit skeptical but game. So last night we went. What a wonderful surprise! Delicious, beautifully presented food; delightful ambiance -- we ate outside in pleasant, breezy twilight with the restaurant's fairy lights and water in the background -- the nicest waiter who was attentive and knowledgeable -- and topped off with a lovely Reisling that we all enjoyed. I would definitely go back. The Austrian-German Restaurant is as good as any of the better restaurants in Houston (where I live) or many of the other cities I've visited, including New York, Chicago, and San Francisco. Highly recommended.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank PatriciaK76
Celebration, Florida, United States
“Worth the trip”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Personable staff, personal attention for food allergies - delicious food nicely presented - we were staying an hour away from Ft. Meyers but chose this restaurant because of the positive reviews. It didn't disappoint.

• Visited December 2012
AG-Restaurant, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Austrian-German Restaurant, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you so much. And for all of you:
Happy new year!
Fort Myers, Florida
“Not nearly as good as the first time”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

My wife and I had a fabulous meal at Austrian German Restaurant probably a year ago. We went back a couple nights ago, and were not impressed. The soup they served as an appetizer reminded me of matza ball soup. I had Goulash which I ate about half of and couldn't keep going because of all the salt. My wife had a shnitzel dish which was also way too salty. The one good thing is the large portions. I would give it 2 stars, but since it I had a great meal a year I ago I will settle on three.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank oliverlevitt
We are very surprised about your comment, because most of our guests find that we could give even more salt in our food.
When you visit us again, just tell the server that you would like your meals only slightly salted. We always try to meet the requirements of our guests.