“Buffalo wrap”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tony Sacco's Coal Oven Pizza - CLOSED

Tony Sacco's Coal Oven Pizza
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Batavia, New York
“Buffalo wrap”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

The buffalo chicken wrap was excellent! Also, the Italian Sausage plate was well worth the stop in. Atmosphere was better than we had expected. I went here with my wife twice already and no complaints.

Visited February 2013

New York
“Not Good at All”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

I hate to write reviews like this but the truth is the truth. This is a coal fired pizza joint which means that your pie should have that delicious distinctive taste so familiar at Lombard's in New York and Pepe's in New Haven among many others. Our pizzas had a super thin crust around the outside with no taste at all instead of a nice puffy crust laden with the crusty taste of a coal fired oven. The sauce, made with Roma tomatoes, was barely edible. I don't know why places like this don't realize that, if they have a good tomato, they should just leave it alone and not try to create a sauce. Of course San Marzano tomatoes are the ones that are perfectly suited for this. Finally, I ordered a margherita pizza so that the cheese was distributed in patties around the pie. Problem was that they did not melt. My experience has been that this happens with cheaper brands of mozzarella. Obviosly was the pizza was not good. The other side of the coin was that the place was happily noisy with groups of small children having a ball both inside and outside. Tony Zacco's
cavern lends itself to this kind of activity

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank R S
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Always a Popular Favorite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Thin crust, crisp pizza. Best we have found in Fort Myers. They also serve a lunch buffet (all you can eat). On Wed. nights they have friendly games of Texas Hold-um.

Visited April 2013
Florida
“Went for early dinner and it was very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

My wife and I met a group of great friends for a nice casual dinner. We wanted to chat and just chill out so we chose our own tables away from the main alleyways. Our host Kyle (who it turned out is the son of the owner) is a nice bright young guy and he was very accomodating and went the extra mile to make sure we had a good experience. I am in a wheelchair so our arrival can be a bit disruptive, but he was not at all phased.

I ordered pizza with my own choice of toppings and had a meatball, sausage and mushroom large pizza. We also ordered a large tropical one and asked for anchovies on half of it. We had two orders of their wings and an order of bread rolls, with olive oil for a dip, and all were yummy.
The wings are very special and are kind of broiled with shallot onions and garlic and are a nice change from the usual buffalo in this area. The portions were generous and it was fun watching the pizza man throwing these huge spinners of dough into the air.
I spent a lot of time in Italy and have eaten in some of the best and most authentic pizza houses in the place where they were invented. Tony Saccos in Ft Myers was right up there for the quality of the freshly served food.
The menu is a bit limited but Kyle told us that they are new to the restaurant and intend to branch out as they go.

Regarding some of the negative reviews here I am not surprised that people who choose the "all you can gag down lunch" deal don't get the best of food. Long ago we learned that standing food soon loses its flavour and presentation. The moral is, if you dont have time to wait for freshly prepared food then dont expect an oil painting on a plate.

The waitress is quite attractive, she didnt serve us but in any case she should learn to smile more instead of scowling at everybody...!

• Visited March 2013
“Ok nothing to write home about”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

This isn't the thin crust I'm used to. Crust was chewy BBQ pizza didn't like. The chicken was so dry it slice my gums. Beer was cold. Sausage pizza was not much better. Grimaldi's is much better. Service was ok. The cook came from cooking to greet me at the bar and give me a menu. Him I give great job. Wife thought the sauce was good. So I'm sure I will hv to try it again. Pray for me.