“Horrible service”

Ranked #106 of 856 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: Japanese, Thai
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: Osaka opened in November of 1986 and soon became a favorite restaurant in Fort Myers, FL. We offer generous sized portions made with only the highest quality ingredients on the market. Featuring fresh sushi and creative maki rolls as well as modern riffs on traditional fare, Osaka offers guests a broad and savory tasting tour of popular Asian cuisines. Plus, tantalize your senses with our unique and freshly prepared cocktails. Osaka offers a host of Asian-inspired cocktail selections and an reasonably-priced wine and sake list. You will not beat our quality of food or prices. From fresh sushi to hibachi grills and Thai & Laos food, we have something for everyone. Please visit us today to see what makes us the very best Japanese restaurant in town.
Reykjavik, Iceland
“Horrible service”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

The service was horrible. We had appetizers (two soups plus one more) , first we got just one soup. After a while we got one main dish and the other soup. When I told her that we haven't got all appetizers and the other main dish is not there the waiter said. I tried to tell them that in the kitchen but they just gave me this. After a little while we got the rest of the food. Sadly the food was not worth the wait . PAD thai noodels were big disapointment. But the beef tenderloin was excellent and the TOM KA soup as well. You could see and feel that the atmosphere between the staff is not good. There was a bossy women walking all over, and I think the negative atmosphere came from here, it was wierd.

Fayetteville, Georgia
“Great food, average service”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Being a huge fan of both Japanese and Thai food, I went to Osaka twice. I ordered the Thai Yum beef (beef salad) which was excellent, both vegetable and shrimp tempura (very good) and sushi (rolls and nigiri), which were excellent also. The service on both occasions, however, was mediocre. The first day I was in a nearly empty restaurant, yet nobody really bothered to check on us once the food was brought to the table. The second day there was only one waitress in the restaurant, so I understand she was busy, but that doesn't change the fact that a restaurant should have more than one server available at peak hours such as lunch or dinner. The quality of the food makes it worth going anyway, in my opinion.

Fort Myers, Florida
“Poor reception”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We have been to this restaurant many times.
Last night we took some friends.
The older lady at the reception (owner) was very rude us.
My friends were ready to leave.
I convinced them food was great,so we stayed.
This lady just ignored us!She spoiled our evening out.

2 Thank mrseabreeze
Manila
“Fresh Sushi + Best Spider Roll”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

At Fort Myers visiting the in-laws and grabbed sushi at Osaka. It exceeded expectations.

Enjoyed both traditional sushi and a roll.

1) The salmon sashimi, yellowtail sashimi, ikura (salmon roe) nigiri were extremely fresh. The slices of seafood were generous, too.

2) Their spider roll was the best I've had.

3) Spring rolls were delicious!

Service was excellent. We were seated and served quickly.

I love Thai and Japanese food and know I'll frequent Osaka the next time I'm in town. Can't wait to try the hibachi dishes.

• Visited October 2013
Fort Myers, Florida
“BEST HIBACHI!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

They also offer Thai food, and the prices are much better than other hibachi restaurants. Service is always great and their house hot saki makes the meal. I would recommend this to any and all.

Visited October 2013