“Excellent Thai”

Ranked #117 of 877 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: Japanese, Thai
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: Osaka opened in November of 1986 and soon became a favorite restaurant in Fort Myers, FL. We offer generous sized portions made with only the highest quality ingredients on the market. Featuring fresh sushi and creative maki rolls as well as modern riffs on traditional fare, Osaka offers guests a broad and savory tasting tour of popular Asian cuisines. Plus, tantalize your senses with our unique and freshly prepared cocktails. Osaka offers a host of Asian-inspired cocktail selections and an reasonably-priced wine and sake list. You will not beat our quality of food or prices. From fresh sushi to hibachi grills and Thai & Laos food, we have something for everyone. Please visit us today to see what makes us the very best Japanese restaurant in town.
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My wife and I just had lunch here. We ordered the Panang, Massamun, and Tom Yum Goon soup. All three dishes were delicious! We will be going back here again soon. Careful, this stuff is addicting.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Went for lunch and enjoyed the meal and service. Roomy well laid out restaurant with tables one side and Hibachi (where the chef cooks in front of you on a stainless steel cook surface) on the other. The duck my wife had was cooked to perfection, while I had the drunken noodles. Both dishes were excellent in quality and quantity. The cost was about $20 pp with wine. They serve Japanese, Thai and Sushi. Lots of choice.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

We went for sushi at the San Carlos Blvd FMB location. Disgusting doesn't quite do it justice. We eat sushi often and this, by far, is the worst we have ever had. We ordered both nigiri and rolls. All of the sushi was warm, much warmer than room temperature. The flavor was off and had a strange sour taste. After about the third piece we were both so nauseous we had to leave. Avoid at all costs.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went for anniversary dinner, wasn't too crowded on a monday night. Sat on the restaurant side but could still see the hibachi's through the glass. Sashimi was quite good (had a 'boat'), and also had the dynamite mussels (which was delicious!). Price about average for sushi. All the waitresses wear kimonos which unfortunately doesn't always work out (some seem uncomfortable in them). Recommended for that special meal or taking visitors, or to satisfy your sushi/sashimi craving.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Maybe I should have had the steak, but watching my Cholesterol, my friend and I opted for the chicken. I knew I was in trouble, at the beginning of the meal, when the sushi was improperly wrapped and fell apart. I thought, maybe, it was just a little busy in the kitchen, but the dinner proceeded to get worse and worse. They put Teriaki sauce on the fried rice, which I've never had at any other Japaese Steakhouse, and the chicken was so overcooked it had the consistency of sawdust. Never again. Sorry, I don't usually give bad reviews, but this was just awful.