“ED/DEBBIE @ Romano's Macaroni Grill” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Romano's Macaroni Grill - CLOSED

Romano's Macaroni Grill
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Best restaurant in Fort Myers! How could you have missed adding this to your extensive list?! We have one in Chicago area that we love and this one is even better!
Bloomingdale, Illinois
“ED/DEBBIE @ Romano's Macaroni Grill”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

Returned for lunch after our last visit 10 years ago. Just as remembered. Great Server, good food, and drinks. Will definitely be back sooner this time.

• Visited March 2014

Kingston, Canada
“Best authentic italian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

What a great surprise! This was the best and most authentic italian food that we have had in many years. All the dishes were great, from the appetizer to the gelato and taramisu deserts. The honour system bottle of Chianti was also a nice touch. Will definitely go back (many times).

• Visited March 2014
Retford, United Kingdom
“Best Meal I have had in Florida”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

We are over from England and had dinner last night with our American friends, we were served by a great guy called Wesley who was very helpful and fun to talk to. We had the bread to start with dipped in olive oil and balsamic vinegar which was very tasty and we had the house red and house white wine which we just told them how many glasses we had drunk. We each ordered separate meals and yes we did wait but no longer than normal for something freshly cooked food. If it is served too fast you just know it is warmed up prepared food. We went to Olive Garden the week before and was very disappointed, we ordered Lasagne and it was not a typical Italian Lasagne, it was meatballs in sauce with slices of pasta and cheese on top, no meat in between!. I know that the English have different tastes than the people down in Florida, but this meal at the Macoroni Grill was excellent, in fact the best meal we have had in Florida

• Visited January 2014
Ft myers
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible! Stay Away!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Stay away! My family of 8 went here om sat at 5:15 with reservations for a birthday celebration. This was a horrible experience! Our waitress was new so we cut her some slack only working 4 days and then given a party of 8 was way too much for her. So with that aside the night started with asking for a gluten free menu and went down from then on. There was NO gluten free pasta for one, ok at a macaroni grill no GF pasta! That left me with 2 choices one was chicken but they had no potatoes I could have either. The sides said asparagus and broccoli. I picked asparagus. We waited almost 2 hrs for our meals( we had a 3 yr old also). 1 hr for our salads. The place was almost empty at this time so no reason for this. Everyone's food was awful. The calimari was COLD! The chicken parmasian was burnt. The regular pasta was awful and cold. My GF meal chicken and broccoli was awful. Chicken was dry and broccoli was soggy. We have been to Macaroni Grilles and we loved them. This was terrible! Waitress( I know she was new but she could not remember to bring us anything we asked for ) a straw for our 3 yr old, water for the rest of us....come on. Please don't say you have a GF menu when there is nothing on menu that you have!!!! No potatoes, no asparagus and no pasta!! Stay away. A waste of a lot of money and 3 1/2 hrs later we left! Some birthday celebration!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Edward P
Middletown, Ohio
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

My wife and I have a condo in SW Florida that we use for 8 to 10 weeks per year. While visiting in January, we had dinner with another couple at the Macaroni Grill. Our friends made reservations for 7 pm and arrived there about 10 minutes early. Our friends checked in with the hostess and was informed that they would seat us at 7 pm. After about a half hour, our friends went back to the hostess. They were informed that they had no record of the reservation. When my friends asked why we weren't informed of this when we arrived, The hostess told them that was what she was trained to do. (Huh??) Shortly thereafter, we were seated. When we thanked the hostess for seating us, she responded with "No problem". Whatever happened to "Thank you for your business" or at least "You're welcome"? Our waitress, Samantha C., seemed very disinterested, kind of like she was doing us a favor by waiting on us. My wife was never offered a refill on her ice tea, instead of just picking up our dirty dishes, she asked us to hand them to her and when we were all ready to order dessert, she brought us the bill, never offering dessert or coffee.
Our dinners were okay, but certainly nothing memorable. As I sit here writing this two days later, I had to have my wife remind me of what I ordered.

• Visited January 2014