“Butterfly Estates”

Butterfly Estates
Ranked #12 of 121 things to do in Fort Myers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Home of The Florida Native Butterfly Society Conservatory. A non profit organization dedicate to protecting, preserving and populating Florida's Native Butterflies! Visit our Bookstore and gift shop.
Reviewed February 20, 2013

This is a lovely little butterfly experience - it's not a big place and not a lot of species when I visited. The employees in the indoor garden were as nice as could be, knowledgeable about the butterflies, and took pride in the experience they provide. The gift shop employees were also nice ~ gave me a great discount on my purchase. Unfortunately it's expensive for what you get - doesn't take long to see everything!

Reviewed January 13, 2013

It's very small, with only a few indigenous species. The employee was really well informed and gave a very interesting talk to everyone who came for a visit, for about 10 mins. There really wasn't anything else to see. The butterfly release was a little pathetic actually. Really don't suggest you eat there - the food was horrible and the service incredibly slow

1  Thank Kweega
Reviewed January 13, 2013

This butterfly garden is smaller than some of the ones I have visited, But over all it is nice. The employees were friendly and it is clean. There were alot of native butterflies and they educate you before going into the conservatory. Beautiful plants and a relaxing atmosphere. If you like to watch the butterflies like I do plan on about 11/2 in the gardens. That was to long for my husband but I like to take alot of pictures. After the garden treat yourself to lunch at the cafe. I was not expecting much and I was very pleasantly suprised at the quality of the food and the prices. I got a delicious turkey sandwich that came with cranberry mayo,apple slices and lettuce for $8.00 and $3.00 for a fountain soda. Food was fresh everything was clean and the service was very good. I will go back.

2  Thank CapeCoralAlley
Reviewed December 9, 2012

It was very interesting to see the whole life cycle of the butterflies. The ladies who work here are very helpful and knowledgable. We started our visit in the cafe. I've never had a pizza in the shape of a butterfly before, and it was good. There is also a nice gift shop. We did have a Groupon for lunch and admission, or I would have to agree with many of the reviewers that it is overpriced.

1  Thank Batmom7
Reviewed November 8, 2012

When I first visited the estates, I was struck by it's charm, though it was tricky to find. The greenhouse is lovely, and fun to see all the butterflies varieties. Employees/ volunteers enthusiastically offer high-level of knowledge and education about the various species. Each Friday afternoon there's a bulk release of butterflies that's a must-experience. The cafe has basic fare, a bit expensive for the flavor quality. The ice-cream/candy shop is an old-time throwback that is quite charming and the homemade fudge borders on addictive (samples are available). They're continuing to find their way with various events, luncheons, etc. All the staff is very friendly.

1  Thank Well_Fit_SMO