“Again...WOW”

Blue Windows French Bistro
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Eclectic Farm to Table restaurant in South Fort Myers. Beautifully appointed, exceptional wine list, weekly changing menu to accommodate the freshest local ingredients. Local chef owned/driven restaurant, professional mature staff and cozy, warm atmosphere.
Reviewed March 15, 2014

It had been a while since we were at Blue Windows so... It was as good a food experience as it gets. The fish is fresh with different sauces. Just a delight. Although the restaurant feels more like a small country bistro, the service is personal and friendly, as if they knew you for a long time. I'm from NYC and have very high standards; Blue Windows doesn't disappoint.

Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

An excellent dinner. This place is a winner. Every time we go we bring friends and it becomes their favorite place also.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Stopped in for light meal of an appetizer and was so disappointed to find that I couldn't order the "Boudin" unless I ordered it with the large salad that came with an entree.So I decided to try the Shrimp Provencial ....6 small chewy microwaved shrimp on plate with a flavorless tomato sauce. $12 ..blah...real disappointment.

My dinner companion had the French onion soup and she said it was fine.. $8

Service was ok...just didn't find the food to be any where near worth the price ! Would not recommend.

1  Thank bobie
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Duck was the meal that night and the house wine was great what with Christian cooking and his wife hosting they made it a night to remember. Until next time which will be SOON !!!

Reviewed February 15, 2014

This was my third attempt to dine here, as my previous attempts the place was closed down by 8 pm. Yes 8 pm! Arriving on my third attempt was greeted warmly & quickly by the wait staff. Ordered two appetizers ($12-$15 each) plus a $60+ bottle of red wine and was going to split an entree with my companion. The embarassed waiter informed us that the cost of splitting an entree, per the wife of the chef/co-owner was $14. FOURTEEN DOLLARS, after I've nearly spent $100 and a good 45 minutes of my time? You've got to be kidding. Given the (now) lateness of the hour and the complexity to get here, we decided to go with this nitpicky tackiness. Both entrees were flavorful and well executed. However, even now I am unable to remember our exact order. The ridiculous overcharge of plate sharing and sickeningly sweet pretentiousness of the (?co-owner) have left a bad taste in my mouth. There are too many good restaurants equally deserving and more appreciative of my business. That's where I'll be heading next...for my next dining event

3  Thank UGAgalcooks