“Too Good to pass up” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blue Windows French Bistro - CLOSED

Blue Windows French Bistro
Cuisines: American, French, European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Eclectic Farm to Table restaurant in South Fort Myers. Beautifully appointed, exceptional wine list, weekly changing menu to accommodate the freshest local ingredients. Local chef owned/driven restaurant, professional mature staff and cozy, warm atmosphere.
Hope, New Jersey
“Too Good to pass up”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

This was our second time here; it was Christmas Eve. Although it was a prix fixe menu, if you couldn't find something wonderful, you probably think McDonalds is a restaurant. The personal attention by the waitstaff and the owners themselves is second only to the fabulous food. The chef owner takes obvious pride in everything they do. I am from NYC and am used to fine dining; this restaurant keeps up with best.

Visited December 2013

San Francisco, California
“Good Bistro food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

Just got back from our dinner. Food was exactly what I expected from a bistro restaurant. Chef was very accommodating with all my special requests and the service was attentive.
Tasted the blood sausage and the tripe sausage - very good for French standard - excellent for American standard of that type of food.
Nothing on our table was on the light side. Seafood dish, trout - very good but not for anyone who is trying to lose a pound.
Duckling dish was something I would definitely order next time. Or the filet of beef with truffle fries. I will definitely go back soon. The menu stands out from all the 600some restaurants with Cesar salad and blackened grouper. If you want to try something different but safe - go. You will not regret it.

• Visited December 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great French Bistro with Charm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

I asked my hotel for a list of local favorites and picked the Blue Window Bistro because they offered French cuisine. I started with the classic Escargot and it was good, but not great, (not enough garlic for my taste). I then had a salad with a fantastic Roasted Shallot Vinaigrette with Coarse Mustard. The main course was Vol-Au-Vent, a light puff pastry filled with Florida Black Grouper, Large Sea Scallops and Gulf Shrimp and a Sherry-ed Lobster Crème Sauce and it was also excellent. I saved this one in my Garmin and will visit them again the next time I’m in Ft. Myers.

• Visited December 2013
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
“Very Disappointing!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

After reading all the rave reviews, my husband and I made a reservation for dinner at 7.30 last Saturday night, with high expectations.

Perhaps too high.... We arrived on time and waited for the female owner to notice us in this tiny strip mall restaurant. Standing awkwardly by the door on top of the first table of diners we eventually went to the bar where she finally looked up from her glass of champagne and, having consulted her booking list, confirmed that we had a reservation. She turned and offered us any of the three vacant tables set for two. We chose the middle one, being neither too close to the other diners nor right on top of the hallway to the restrooms..... then we waited.

A female server arrived at our table and said she would be 'taking care' of us that evening. She handed us menus and asked us if we would like the wine list. At this point, she failed to point out that their house wines and 'special wines' were on a blackboard on the wall...I only noticed this after we had ordered the least expensive wine on an outrageously priced wine list. Now, we're not particularly cheap but it would have been nice to have been told about the more moderately priced options - I felt a little manipulated to be honest.

We then waited for an eternity to place our order...the original server we started out with never came back but was replaced by a very nice young woman who eventually took our order having first placed a tiny bowl of what looked (and tasted) like mustard and two (yes two) carrots and two 2" slices of celery on the center of the table (we had to laugh)...we both ordered the French Onion Soup, which was a special and I then ordered the Filet Frites (a weakness of mine) and my husband ordered the Beouf Bourguignon.

Our server (whose name we never learned) said she would bring us some bread and it arrived just ahead of our soup. A basket with a lovely white linen napkin concealing two (yes just two) tiny white bread rolls (the kind you buy frozen). Such a shame from a French restaurant - I was expecting fresh hot baguette rolls at the very least and perhaps a little more generous portion.
Anyway - the soup - hmm. Arrived topped with a crouton smothered in gruyere cheese and looked promising. Sadly once under the topping, the soup was insipid, lukewarm and both greasy and yet flavourless. My husband battled on but I left most of mine.. I couldn't even cut through the crouton/cheese combo which sank to a glutenous mess at the bottom of my cup, so had to admit defeat.

The green salad that comes with all entrees was served next - a plate of fresh green leaves (mainly butter lettuce I think) looked good unfortunately it was dressed with the house vinaigrette, which was the most bitter and evil tasting dressing I have ever experienced. I tried, really I did, but had to leave it.

I had high expectations for my steak - after all Steak Frites and a French Chef - what could go wrong? I have to say, my filet was cooked perfectly - medium rare and was delicious! My disappointment came with the frites - they were described as truffle fries and tasted of nothing but old cooking oil. The Green Peppercorn sauce, which mercifully was served on the side, had the same evil bitter taste as the vinaigrette and was left untouched... overall a 2/10
My husband's bourguignon was ok but without much flavour.
We finished with profiteroles (excellent) and some kind of shop-bought citrus thing (terrible).
All-in-all a kind of hit and miss meal. The bill came to $148 before the tip so pretty pricey too.
Based on the reviews, we expected so much more! We won't be back..
As an aside, in my opinion, it is most unprofessional of the lady owner to be pouring and drinking champagne at the bar during service.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank english-totty
Ft Myers
“You will wish you could join them for dinner every evening.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

The food is fabulous and Mari is delightful. She know her wines and is very accommodating. All the food melts in your mouth. It's a dinning experience you wish would never end. Makes me want to book a flight to Paris.

• Visited November 2013