“Fantastic”

Blue Windows French Bistro
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Eclectic Farm to Table restaurant in South Fort Myers. Beautifully appointed, exceptional wine list, weekly changing menu to accommodate the freshest local ingredients. Local chef owned/driven restaurant, professional mature staff and cozy, warm atmosphere.
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I love this French Bistro, the food, service, atmosphere is fantastic. I have even brought my two teenage children a couple of times, and they can't wait to go back. The lobster escargot is a favorite of mine. From start to finish your experience is top notch.

I highly recommend this cosy French Bistro, you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank jmnrnbsn

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Just ate at this amazing restaurant! We have eaten dinner in France, other countries,and throughout the United States and this restaurant is at the top of the list with my top restaurants. Great to find such a gem amongst all the fast food chains. This restaurant is a must in Fort Meyers.

2  Thank 21dorothy
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

This was our second time at the Blue Window Bistro and both times have been excellent dinning experiences. Blue Windows Bistro is traditional French cuisine. If you like classic French cuisine, then you will want to check out this restaurant.

The restaurant is cozy. Probably about 10-15 tables, so reservations are a must. The menu is limited to a about 10 entrees, but I believe this is because everything is prepared to perfection.

On this trip, we had a special appetizer which was Lobster-escargot. It is Maine lobster prepared like escargot in a garlic and butter sauce. I love Escargot, so this was an interesting treat. With our appetizers, we had Kir Royale drinks. Which are creme de cassis and champagne in a champagne glass.

For our entrees, Filet Mignon in a green peppercorn sauce and Lamb Chops rubbed with fresh herbs. Both were perfect.

We finished our meal by sharing a chocolate mouse cake.

We need to go back soon.

2  Thank Chris1620
Reviewed March 12, 2013

A glorious French restaurant nestled in a little strip mall. Step inside and you could be in any tiny bistro in France (although this one is no doubt more welcoming to tourists). The food is delightful (the escargot is perfection), and although the wine list is small, it's well-chosen and well-priced. The place has a wonderful buzz that's not noisy but the wonderful sounds of people enjoying themselves with great food, wine, and conversation. Very memorable evening! We went without reservations on a weeknight but we got the last table so reservations are recommended even mid-week.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

This is the fourth time we have visited this delightful establishment the previous three were over twelve months ago so I wanted to see if the standard was still as high and I must say that not only was the food still of a very high standard, the server who is French is an improvement on last year purely because he gives that extra ambience which somehow adds to the authenticity of the place.

The starter of Sweetbreads were delicious and the duck entree is served with a pomegranate sauce which is a very nice variation to the usual orange. My other guests had the Veal escalope and the Bouillabaisse which my guest said was exceptional, the best he had ever had. The French are known for their desserts and I would recommend you save some room for one.

I suppose the thing I like most about this restaurant is that they haven't tried to americanize the way they do things, this may not suit some, but if you want to know what French cuisine is like without visiting France this is certainly the pace to go.

1  Thank n313dt