“Wouldn't know it was there but for Tripadvisor!”
Review of CRaVE

CRaVE
Ranked #49 of 877 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2013

CRaVE is a funky little place tucked into a strip mall that you could easily pass by if you didn't know it was there. We found it through a tripadvisor search, and I'm glad that we did. The inside is tastefully decorated and very clean. The menu is large and has a variety of choices to pick from. We were greeted right away and given a comfortable table near the door.

My 5 yr old ordered a grilled cheese which came with chips. It wasn't your Wonderbread variety sandwich, but came on thick-sliced white bread that looked toasted to perfection. The chips weren't to his liking, but everyone else at the table enjoyed them. Everyone enjoyed their meals and the prices were reasonable.

The two reasons this is a "very good" review and not an "excellent" review are because our waitress was not overly welcoming and could be abrupt at times. She warmed up a bit toward the end of the meal, so I want to give her the benefit of the doubt that maybe she was having a bad day. The second is that I eat gluten-free and asked if an egg dish served in a tortilla could be made without the flour tortilla and just plated instead. I was informed that this was a "special order" so if I came back, my request may not be honored. What?!? I just want the tortilla to be left in the kitchen. I wasn't adding any special ingredients or altering their recipe in any other way. I did it for dietary reasons. It left a bad taste in my mouth in what would have been an otherwise very pleasant experience.

3  Thank jlb018

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We are locals and have been twice now. I had Shepard's pie the 1st time and eggs Benedict the 2nd....Unfortunately, neither were memorable. The pie was average at best, and the breakfast was overwhelmingly greasy. Most likely won't hurry back. Shame as I love supporting mom & pops, and our local businesses.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Crave is a good restaraunt with good food but I have been a couple times this past year and I think I'll be dining elsewhere from now on. The rastaraunt always has a fly and knat (fruit fly) problem that is not appetizing and then when coupled with the rude server we had that did not do his best to ensure my sister, nephew and I were satified. We ordered The Yougurt granole and fruit and asked what kind of yogurt it was (he responded with: Vanilla) After recieving the yogurt and discarding it because she did not want/ Does not like Plain Greek Yogurt, he proceeded to scold her for ordering it and said too bad we wil have to pay for it. Lets just say I'd rather go to Publix and make my own.
Otherwise my other experiences were satisfactory.

1  Thank CashmereTasteNTell
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Good: Good tasting comfort food (had the meatloaf and fried chicken); portion sizes are good (large); small restaurant - comfortable/cozy atmosphere; service was a little above average
Bad: Prices were too high for the quality/type of food; Deserts were not very good - banana pudding in a jar was horrendous and apple crisp needed sugar
Overall: If you want homestyle food of generous portions and don't mind paying a little extra, it is worth checking out. It is not a place that I will plan to frequent however.

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Make sure your entire party is there, otherwise they won't seat you until they all arrive! It is tiny, maybe 20 tables total? But the service and food are FANTASTIC! Not only is the regular menu huge, but there's also a gigantic specials board. The servings are fairly large too AND you can order single pancakes - love. It's delicious and worth the trip.

1  Thank Lrichardson