“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #15 of 58 Hotels in Fort Myers
Northeast
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

We stayed here while traveling around looking a houses on the Gulf side of FL. It is not near the center of the city but it was a perfect location for what our needs were. Very easy on/off route 75 with lots of good restaurants nearby. The staff at the hotel couldn't be more friendly and helpful. We had forgotten our phone charger but they had one we could use. There were quite a few items they had for people if needed. The breakfast buffet was what you would expect. Nothing out of the ordinary but satisfied us for our house hunting trips. Had a great pool. I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alfrank
Jill G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Myers at The Forum, responded to this review, September 17, 2014
Thank you for the review that you shared. We are glad that you chose us and happy that we could accommodate your needs. We strive to make sure each and everyone of our guests are happy. Once again, thank you for the review and we hope to see you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Port Charlotte, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

As a business traveler who stays in my fair share of hotels, I was very pleased to stay at the Hyatt Place in Fort Myers. Clean, comfortable and reasonably priced I could not have been happier with the accommodations. The room was comfortably appointed with a full sized couch with ottoman, a king sized bed and great shower with a "big head" shower head and great water pressure! The complimentary breakfast was incredible, especially for free! Fresh fruit, English muffins topped with egg, smoked gouda cheese and bacon! All the usual fare (donuts, waffles, etc...) was also available. Can't go wrong at this hotel! Their Sarasota location is also excellent.

Room Tip: I think they are all probably great!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Cleveland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

A solid choice in the Fort Myers area, especially for the price: For my off-season stay, I spent about $70 per night on Hotwire. The hotel - clearly geared toward business travelers - was clean and comfortable. The room - more like a mini-suite - was modern, and included a fridge, plenty of electrical outlets, and a pleasant shower and vanity. A free - very good - breakfast and free wifi were the icing on top.
I stayed during some sort of high school baseball tournament in the area, and some of the kids were loud, but a call to the front desk remedied that. Tip: Don't complain about a hotel's noise until you give the hotel a chance to rectify it. The staff was very pleasant.
This hotel is located right off of I-75, near lots of shopping; it is not, however, close to the beach, so keep that in mind when you book: Ft. Myers Beach is 30-45 minutes away.
I recommend this hotel, especially for the price.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Fruitland Park, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Once again we have been able to enjoy the comforts of the Hyatt in Fort Myers while attending my son's baseball games. Great location to all the fields. They honored my AARP discount which allowed me a very affordable rate for the convenience and amenities. Hot breakfast was a great start to our day!

Room Tip: Haven't had a bad room there. The pillows are fabulous - I meant to ask if I could buy one, but...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Jill G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Myers at The Forum, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear sa2Smith,

Thank You for your recent response. We strive everyday to make all our guests as comfortable as possible. We know that you have a number of hotels to chose from and we are excited that you stayed with us. We hope to see you again in the future.
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

Good location right of I-75, but not much other than a 7-11 nearby. So have a car or transportation for dining options, unless you want to have some over priced options from the hotels menu. Very friendly staff and better options than most hotels for the complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Jill G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Myers at The Forum, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Greetings:

Thank You for taking the time to post a response. We know that you have numerous hotels to choose from in the Ft. Myers area and are delighted that you stayed with us. I am glad you enjoyed your experience with us and we hope the next time you are in the area, you come and see us again.
Sanibel, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

Perfect location if you are looking for something super close to the highway. There are some restaurant choices near by but if you are looking to experience Fort Myers you may want to choose elsewhere. Hotel pool is clean, but lackluster. Breakfast might be great for some....oj/apple/tomato juice, bread/bagels/donuts, fresh cut/whole fruit, breakfast sandwiches (all had meat on them), cereal, pancakes, yogurt, oatmeal. If you are gluten free your options are even more limited than normal since there are no eggs without bread. Rooms are nice. Our room had 2 queen beds and a large sitting area (big enough to sleep on). Hotel is near a new residential development and the work tucks start early. Not super noisy, but I started hearing the back up beeping noises before I would have normally woken up. Clean. Mini fridge. Nice staff.

Greetings Travelmore2day:

Thank You for your response. We truly try to take care of each and everyone of our guests. We take all responses into consideration to meet the needs of everyone. Once again, thank you again for choosing to stay with us and if you are ever in the area, I hope you come and visit us again.
Fort Myers
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

The hotel was clean and breakfast was good. The walls were thin though, I heard the basketball players in the hallways, other rooms. Didn't get sleep until 1am....My kid plays basketball as well, but I wouldn't let him roam the hallways and make that kind of noise...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Jill G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Myers at The Forum, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Greetings Julie J

Thank you for your response, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We take all responses that we receive and use them as a training tool to help provide better service. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.