“Wonderful Hotel off I75”

Hyatt Place Fort Myers at The Forum
Ranked #14 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
ST PETERSBURG
“Wonderful Hotel off I75”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I have been traveling a lot lately and stumbled upon Hyatt Place. Really a nice Hotel, Great Staff and Amenities. Great Free Hot Breakfast in the morning. 24 hour meal options on site. Laundry, Fitness and outdoor pool. 10 minutes to dozens of great restaurants. I'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Jill G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Myers at The Forum, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thanks for the great review, Klosue! We're glad you discovered our hotel and we are even happier that our staff and amenities left you wanting to come back. We look forward to making you feel at home again in the future. Thank you and have a great day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Plainview, Illinois
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

I must admit I am very brand loyal to Marriott, but this trip I decided to give Hyatt a whirl on recommendation of a colleague. What a pleasant surprise! This place was very nice. Nicely decorated and I am assuming new as it was spotless. The staff were phenomenal! I loved the 24/7 room service. The "living room" area was a great place to get some work done. The only drawback is that it didn't seem to be very close to places to eat ~ which I didn't mind because I was on a business trip and used room service with very good food. Very easy access from the airport. Saw reviews about bad Internet connectivity ~ I didn't experience any issues with the Internet. I definitely will be staying here on my next trip!

• Stayed September 2013
GertieRn,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. Your compliments have been passed on to our entire staff. We take great pride in the level of service we provide to all of our guests. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our 24 hour Gallery Menu and the cleanliness of our property. We hope to continue to exceed your expectations!

Have a great day and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Gainesville, Georgia
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Clean rooms. Close to shopping areas. Under some renovations however the staff was helpful and courteous. Free breakfast in the morning including hot options along with oatmeal and cereals. The shopping is only a short walk with anything you would want to buy. Really nothing else around.

• Stayed June 2013
We really appreciate your great reveiw, SDSGNV. We're really glad you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast buffet and all of the shopping near our hotel. Come back to visit us soon!
Richmond, Illinois
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is a new, clean looking hotel, which appears to be a great value for the price. The problem with this hotel however, seems to be with the staff. We stayed at this hotel 3 nights at the end of July. The entire time we were there, we did not see anyone working at the front desk who appeared to be over 21. This may have been the problem. Perhaps they were overwhelmed and unable to control the housekeeping staff and loud guests. Toward the end of the first night we were there, the hotel got very crowded and loud.
The next day, the hotel lobby was filled with people. Some were laying on the sofas with blankets on. You couldn't swim in the pool all day, because it was completely filled with these people. They all were wearing all of their clothing, some even swam with their socks and shoes on. We could not eat breakfast there 2 of the days, because there was literally no place to step. Large groups of people were sitting on the floor eating their breakfasts. We thought many of these people were friends or relatives of actual guests. I honestly cannot believe the hotel could hold that many people.
We had booked a room through an online travel company and had agreed to the nonrefundable rates, so we were kind of stuck. Thankfully, our room was on a floor that was relatively quiet. We heard numerous complaints by other visitors that they were awake most of the night due to loud people in the hallways throughout the night.
We encountered several smaller problems during the course of our stay. We never got new glasses in our room that we requested, nor did we ever get enough towels, the washing machine was broken and ate my money. We never got it back. One of the housekeepers stole my husband's hair gel. When we went to the front desk staff, they were disinterested.
I have read many reviews of this hotel. Most are overwhelmingly positive, and a surprisingly large number mention specifically how exceptional the front desk staff is. It makes me question the validity of these reviews. Maybe it was partly bad timing. We probably would have had a much different experience at another, less crowded time. But, hotels do fill up, and guests deserve to have some order and control in place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank HeatherL1129
Jill G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Myers at The Forum, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
HeatherL1129,

We are very sorry that your stay with us didn't meet your expectations. We take great pride in doing everything we can to make every guest happy and feel welcome. We apologize that the large group staying with us prevented us from making you feel that way. Your comments are very much appreciated because we do listen and we do take them to heart. I can assure you that they will be passed on to the rest of our staff so we can improve upon our mistakes. I know that your experience has left you with a bad taste, but we would love to welcome you to our hotel again in the future and show you all we have to offer. Please contact me personally if your travels bring you to Fort Myers again.

Thank you.
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Maybe we were there at the wrong time. There were kids, and a family reunion plus a bus load of tourists. Could not get breakfast and the hotel was loud. Asked the front desk to ask people to keep it down, nothing happened and did not get a good night sleep for. 2 nights.
The front desk did not seem to care.all they said was "they were full"
Ask before booking as it was loud

• Stayed July 2013
Scubateacher,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're really sorry that you had issues with noise during your stay. We take noise complaints very seriously and do our absolute best to address all complaints immediately. I apologize that your complaint was not addressed in a timely manner. This will be discussed during our next meeting so that we can improve our procedures and our response time. Thank you for staying with us. We'd love to make it up to you in the future if your travel plans bring you back to Fort Myers. Please contact me directly for any assistance in booking your reservation.

Thank you.
Edison, New Jersey
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I chose to stay at Hyatt Place while visiting Fort Myers to attend a wedding. For the most part we were pleased with our stay. The hotel and rooms were clean. Every morning the hotel provided a free continental breakfast which was average at best. There is a very nice pool, but we didn't have time to use it. The only issue I had was the hotels proximity to everything in town. The hotel was minutes from the airport and the wedding venue, but not too close to much else.

• Stayed June 2013
HollywoodKen481,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review about our hotel. We are so glad that you and your fiance chose to stay with us during your time in Fort Myers and we hope you will be able to come back and enjoy our beautiful outdoor heated pool sometime in the near future. As you mentioned, we are just minutes away from Southwest Florida International Airport. We are also just a short drive to many local attractions, including downtown Fort Myers, the Edison and Ford Estates, the Shell Factory, the Spring Training facilites of the Boston Red Sox and Minnesota Twins, Germain Arena, Florida Gulf Coast University, and of course the white sandy beaches of Sanibel and Fort Myers beach. Come visit us again soon and let us show you all the great things our area has to offer.

Thanks!
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

I like everything about this hotel. Rooms are clean and new. Good breakfast and free newspaper. Wi-Fi worked 1 out of the 3 days which was a big disappointment. I got tired of hearing them telling me the storm caused the Wi-Fi to malfunction.

• Stayed July 2013
Jill G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Myers at The Forum, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Chum66,

We are so glad that you love our hotel. We certainly take a lot of pride in what we do. Hope to see you again soon!