“Great Stay”

Ranked #15 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Orlando, Florida
“Great Stay”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

From checking in to checking out the service was excellent,nothing was too much trouble and everything done with a smile,our thanks especially to Paige and Chad who checked us in ,served most of our snacks and drinks at the bar,you made our stay memorable.The rooms were clean,the bed was really comfortable but the closet space was rather cramped.The breakfast was pretty good,cooked snacks,fruit cereal and plenty of coffee.There was also a good fitness room and swimming pool.the location was great,right next to I 75 and the Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd which took us righ into Fort Myers and the beach area. overall a Great Hotel,Great Location and best of all a wonderful staff !! would stay here again an recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
John L, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Myers at The Forum, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for such a positive review! We love our team and our property and love how that shows in the way that our guests recieve service. We will make sure that both Paige and Chad are recognized and thanked. Glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Key West, Florida
Reviewed May 2, 2013

In February, we reserved the Hyatt at the Forum through Priceline. We were going to Fort Myers to look over the area to decide if Fort Myers was what we wanted to settle down to. The Hyatt proved to be centrally located for our purpose. The rooms were clean, the hotel is fairly new, and the breakfast (and coffee) was perfect and the staff was very friendly.
We again decided to stay here on 30 April 2013 and again, we were not disappointed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
We are so glad that you like us so much that you stayed twice, and both times enjoyed your stay! Thank you for taking the time to review our team, our breakfast, and our hotel. Hope to see you again!
Geneva, Florida
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel in April 2013 for a soccer event. The hotel is newer and nicely decorated. There are several places to sit and relax or visit with friends. They have room service or a small bar where you can eat. There is a decent free breakfast each morning. However, it is the rooms that give this hotel it's excellent rating. They are large, nicely decorated, and the layout is nice. The sleeping area is separate from the living area by a partition. There is a large couch, separate desk, and "bar" area with a counter, mini fridge and coffee maker (with tea and coffee). There is also a large tv that swivels so it can be viewed from the bed or couch. Also, the hotel is close to many restaurants and about 20-25 minutes from Florida Gulf Coast University.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
John L, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Myers at The Forum, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
We are happy to hear that you were able to get away for some leisure time and enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for your kind review, we know that time is precious and appreciate all reviews from our guests! Hope to see you again soon.
NY
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed here for one night while in town to do business. The hotel is clean and seemingly new, check in was easy and there are many grab and go options at their pantry (which is good because there are no food options close off property). The rooms are large, with a sectional sofa in one area, a divider and then a king bed in the "bedroom" area. The t.v. pivots between both areas for viewing from bed or the sofa. The layout of the room is efficient, if not a bit cramped in the bathroom area. The colors are soft and tranquil, though a bit drab,. We requested a room away from the elevator and did not get one (we were in fact directly next to the elevator) and it was a bit nosy. The breakfast options the next morning are typical of the free glorified continental breakfast being served at these type of places-- microwaved pancakes and breakfast sandwiches, cereals, pastries, fruit, juice and coffee. The place suited our needs-- clean, comfortable and right off the highway-- and was on par with other brands in this category--- Courtyard, Garden Inn, etc. Would stay here again if in town on business.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review! We are so glad to hear that you not only enjoyed your stay, but would return when in town again. Looking for ward to seeing you soon!
Ottawa, ON
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have been a Hyatt Diamond for 10 years and was busted down to Hyatt Platinum 2-3 years ago when my travel decreased a bit and Hyatt only has 5 hotels in Canada so often do not have Hyatt where I am going but overall I like Hyatts and Hyatt Place locations where I have been staying for work trips and occassional personal trip.

Last Dec., I was travelling from Hyatt Siesta Key in Sarasota and going to Hyatt Sunset Harbour in Key West and had 1 night in between and thought Fort Myers would be a good place to stop. There were 2 Hyatt Places in Fort Myers and they were of similar pricing but this one looked closer on the map of route I would be taking whereas the other is closer to Coconut plantation and the other Hyatt hotel.

Got there rather late since I decided to dine in Siesta Key before driving down to Fort Myers. There were a large party either from a wedding or a school formal type event in the lobby and some were outside using the pool or patio even though it was at least 11pm and close to midnight.

One guy at front desk despite the high number of people in lobby and might have been 1 or 2 more people in line waiting to check in. Waited and got my key and said that I have a bit of stuff so could I park somewhere where I can go up with stuff more easily. Was told I can drive to the back and use the back door which is close to the lift. I did but the key did not work!!! Did not feel like dragging my stuff around the building on foot or take it back to the car and drive back to front and repeat this again so tried to find the number to call the hotel front desk and was ringing for a bit. Tried on knocking on glass door to attract attention but no go. finally after 10 or so minutes another guest heard me and saw me and opened the door to let me in.

Mentioned this to the front desk person that night and again to someone next morning in passing about key issue and large party/noise and only comment was there was a large group last night. No real interest to explore the issue farther by the agent(s) nor a sincere apology for the problems I have experienced.

I like Hyatt Place in general and this Hyatt Place was fine for 1 night but for anything longer than that I would not recommend this place since the staff seems pretty poor in customer service and it is out in the middle of nowhere. I end up driving past the other Hyatt Place at Coconut Point near Hyatt Coconut Point and Coconut Plantation and it has a far better location next to a mall with many dining options without having to use your car and can enjoy a few drinks.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Mary H
John L, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Myers at The Forum, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for your honest and detailed review Mary H. While we are very disappointed that your stay last December was less than satisfactory we use every review as an opportunity to improve and will use your comments to assess our current situation and do just that. I do hope that upon your next visit to SW Florida that you will contact me directly so that I can personally assist you with your reservation and learn more about your stay. I do hope that based on our other reviews you will see that we do care very deeply about our level of service and our guests and allow us another opportunity for a lasting impression.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I was in Fort Myers on business and our travel department book us in to the Hyatt Place in Fort Myers. Just off I 75 in Ft. Myers, the view is nothing to write home about but it's a new property. The rooms are very large and It has a small sectional sofa with a desk area and a refrigerator in the front of the room. The TV is a 42 inch that is on a swivel stand so you can watch it from one of the most comfortable beds and they provide a good number of pillows. Even though you think you are far from everything, the comfort of the rooms and awesome customer service make you forget about everything.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank tvazquez22
John L, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Myers at The Forum, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
19 days! Wow! Thank you for such an honest and positive review of our hotel. We are so happy that you made this your home away from home and hope to see you again soon!
Homosassa, Florida
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Just off I 75 in Ft. Myers. New property. Suite style. Comfortable bed, good number of pillows. Friendly staff quite helpful. If you hit "rush hour" at good breakfast buffet, you might have trouble finding a place to sit. Small bar pretty good. Does have restaurant facilities but
Only had breakfast. Not many eating places close but 10-15 minute drive. Likely will be as area builds up.Good value for the money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lhjraffe
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and found our team to be friendly and helpful. We take a great deal of pride in our service and hotel so love to hear that! We hope that you get to visit again soon and if you do, pleas ask us for a restaurant guide.