“Clean, efficient, easy access from I-95”

Hyatt Place Fort Myers at The Forum
Ranked #15 of 58 Hotels in Fort Myers
NY
“Clean, efficient, easy access from I-95”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed here for one night while in town to do business. The hotel is clean and seemingly new, check in was easy and there are many grab and go options at their pantry (which is good because there are no food options close off property). The rooms are large, with a sectional sofa in one area, a divider and then a king bed in the "bedroom" area. The t.v. pivots between both areas for viewing from bed or the sofa. The layout of the room is efficient, if not a bit cramped in the bathroom area. The colors are soft and tranquil, though a bit drab,. We requested a room away from the elevator and did not get one (we were in fact directly next to the elevator) and it was a bit nosy. The breakfast options the next morning are typical of the free glorified continental breakfast being served at these type of places-- microwaved pancakes and breakfast sandwiches, cereals, pastries, fruit, juice and coffee. The place suited our needs-- clean, comfortable and right off the highway-- and was on par with other brands in this category--- Courtyard, Garden Inn, etc. Would stay here again if in town on business.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
John L, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Myers at The Forum, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We are so glad to hear that you not only enjoyed your stay, but would return when in town again. Looking for ward to seeing you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Ottawa, ON
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have been a Hyatt Diamond for 10 years and was busted down to Hyatt Platinum 2-3 years ago when my travel decreased a bit and Hyatt only has 5 hotels in Canada so often do not have Hyatt where I am going but overall I like Hyatts and Hyatt Place locations where I have been staying for work trips and occassional personal trip.

Last Dec., I was travelling from Hyatt Siesta Key in Sarasota and going to Hyatt Sunset Harbour in Key West and had 1 night in between and thought Fort Myers would be a good place to stop. There were 2 Hyatt Places in Fort Myers and they were of similar pricing but this one looked closer on the map of route I would be taking whereas the other is closer to Coconut plantation and the other Hyatt hotel.

Got there rather late since I decided to dine in Siesta Key before driving down to Fort Myers. There were a large party either from a wedding or a school formal type event in the lobby and some were outside using the pool or patio even though it was at least 11pm and close to midnight.

One guy at front desk despite the high number of people in lobby and might have been 1 or 2 more people in line waiting to check in. Waited and got my key and said that I have a bit of stuff so could I park somewhere where I can go up with stuff more easily. Was told I can drive to the back and use the back door which is close to the lift. I did but the key did not work!!! Did not feel like dragging my stuff around the building on foot or take it back to the car and drive back to front and repeat this again so tried to find the number to call the hotel front desk and was ringing for a bit. Tried on knocking on glass door to attract attention but no go. finally after 10 or so minutes another guest heard me and saw me and opened the door to let me in.

Mentioned this to the front desk person that night and again to someone next morning in passing about key issue and large party/noise and only comment was there was a large group last night. No real interest to explore the issue farther by the agent(s) nor a sincere apology for the problems I have experienced.

I like Hyatt Place in general and this Hyatt Place was fine for 1 night but for anything longer than that I would not recommend this place since the staff seems pretty poor in customer service and it is out in the middle of nowhere. I end up driving past the other Hyatt Place at Coconut Point near Hyatt Coconut Point and Coconut Plantation and it has a far better location next to a mall with many dining options without having to use your car and can enjoy a few drinks.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Mary H
John L, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Myers at The Forum, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for your honest and detailed review Mary H. While we are very disappointed that your stay last December was less than satisfactory we use every review as an opportunity to improve and will use your comments to assess our current situation and do just that. I do hope that upon your next visit to SW Florida that you will contact me directly so that I can personally assist you with your reservation and learn more about your stay. I do hope that based on our other reviews you will see that we do care very deeply about our level of service and our guests and allow us another opportunity for a lasting impression.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

I was in Fort Myers on business and our travel department book us in to the Hyatt Place in Fort Myers. Just off I 75 in Ft. Myers, the view is nothing to write home about but it's a new property. The rooms are very large and It has a small sectional sofa with a desk area and a refrigerator in the front of the room. The TV is a 42 inch that is on a swivel stand so you can watch it from one of the most comfortable beds and they provide a good number of pillows. Even though you think you are far from everything, the comfort of the rooms and awesome customer service make you forget about everything.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank tvazquez22
John L, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Myers at The Forum, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
19 days! Wow! Thank you for such an honest and positive review of our hotel. We are so happy that you made this your home away from home and hope to see you again soon!
Homosassa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Just off I 75 in Ft. Myers. New property. Suite style. Comfortable bed, good number of pillows. Friendly staff quite helpful. If you hit "rush hour" at good breakfast buffet, you might have trouble finding a place to sit. Small bar pretty good. Does have restaurant facilities but
Only had breakfast. Not many eating places close but 10-15 minute drive. Likely will be as area builds up.Good value for the money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lhjraffe
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and found our team to be friendly and helpful. We take a great deal of pride in our service and hotel so love to hear that! We hope that you get to visit again soon and if you do, pleas ask us for a restaurant guide.
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

We stayed 2 nights, 2 adults & 2 kids. The room and TV were huge! Nice and clean, modern. I have back issues & slept great; beds were super comfortable. Breakfast was fully stocked & restocked as needed, nice variety. We swam in pool one afternoon...the view isn't great, but the pool area was clean and had plenty of seating and fresh towels. The hotel is located close to several restaurants and a Target. Our next stop was a large resort in Lake Buena Vista. We were sadly disappointed and wished we were back at the Hyatt Place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MMassais
Dear MMassais, we are so glad that you enjoyed yoru stay! We hope that you return visit will be a longer one and that it is soon!
Pickerington, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I always seem to stay here when we are in Fort Myers. The rooms are very large with the bed screened off from the rest of the room. It has a small sectional sofa with a desk area and a refrigerator in the front of the room. The tv is a 42 inch tv that is on a swivel stand so you can watch it from bed or from the living area. In the mornings they serve breakfast till 9:30am which consits of cold cereals, oatmeal, fresh fruit,doughnuts, french toast and breakfast sandwiches. It was very good! I would recommend this place!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Aimee-Anthony H
Thank you so much for your great review! We are glad that you have had multiple great experiences and have found us to be consistently good on multiple visits. We hope that you continue to make this your home away from home and that we see you again soon!
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Hotel was very busy when my Husband and I arrived. Charlie kindly checked us in with a smile and took time to explain Hotel amenities.

Most 3 Star Hotels do not offer a complimentary breakfast which was so nice to have with enjoyable choices for all and fresh brewed coffee with real cream!
We really appreciated the ceramic coffee cups, glass glasses and real dinner dishes.

Housekeeping deserves recognition for CLEAN Rooms and Clean Hotel.
Management deserves recognition for keen over-sight and courteous Staff
who make a true effort to make you feel cozy and at home.

Realistically, no-one can please everyone. We will always have someone
complaining about something. Perhaps they are having a bad day or don't feel
well or that's just their personality. Over-all if you are looking for an all-around
lovely place to stay, then we say Look No More!

This is a Modern and Clean Hotel with amazing management, a friendly staff, a delicious breakfast buffet offering real food and spacious rooms with a flat screen TV and comfortable beds and pillows.

We Highly Recommend it and we will stay here again.
It is a true GEM!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lorib34
Thank you Lorib34 for your awesome, detailed review. We love our guests and take great pride in our property and service teams so we are happy to hear that it shows so evidently. We certainly hope that your travels bring you back to our area again and when that happens that we can meet! Hope to see you soon!