“Weekend Getaway”

Ranked #14 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Crystal Lake, Illinois
“Weekend Getaway”
Reviewed January 18, 2012

I had a long weekend planned to Fort Myers and needed a place to stay. I found the Hyatt on Hotwire at an exceptional priced and decided to give it a try.

The hotel is off the highway and easy to find, however, with road construction, it was a little tricky getting to the parking lot. Once you found it, it wasn't an issue. The hotel lobby is bright and the staff always greeted you will a smile and were helpful with questions. The room felt like a minisuite. They had a divider between the bed and "living" area. The tv was large and could be moved so you could see it either from the bed or living area. The closet in the room was quite small, but because I was only there for a few days it wasn't a problem.

The hotel isn't situated close to shopping or resturants, so if you're not familiar with the area, you may need to do a little planning.

I would recommend this hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Very nice facility. Nothing around there. Close to freeway. Great place for a stop-over. Big rooms, separate sitting area, flat screen TV that tilts around. You can watch from the sitting area or turn it around and watch from the bed. Free breakfast - was good enough for us.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dalotek
Concord, New Hampshire
Reviewed January 15, 2012

We came to Fort Myers for Red Sox Spring Training in late February. The hotel was very clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly. The room had a half divider in the room so one person could be sleeping and the other could be watching TV or reading which was nice. The breakfast wasn't great and mostly cold foods, but okay to start the day with and if you wanted more you could buy it if you liked. It is also fairly close to downtown Fort Myers and not too far away from both Sanibel and Captiva island. So overall try nice hotel and stay. If we come back to Fort Myers we will try to stay here again!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank SM325
Upstate NY
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Nice new hotel. The staff was helpful and very courteous. Breakfast was just O.K. The free breakfast usually offered sliced grapefruit, yogurt, toast, bagels, some fresh fruit, but not frequently replenished. A couple of days they had sausage gravy with biscuits. The push was to get you to pay to order something more substantial.

Maid service was great and the room was very clean. Angel, at the front desk, was cheerful and helpful. My wife enjoyed that they had Starbucks coffee and Newspapers available in the morning (WSJ or USA Today)

Very convenient to I75 but I was surprised one reviewer mentioned easy access to the beaches. Plan on a 40 min drive to any beach with traffic.

Free Wi-fi and it worked well. Overall I would recommend this hotel, it was very reasonable for the price paid

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank winter_escape_NY
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed January 5, 2012

This is a decent Hyatt Place in a convenient location just North of the Fort Myers Airport. Hyatt Place does a great job nationally with the brand, creating uniformity in the accommodations. The common areas were great, and the room was perfectly appointed as I expected from the other properties. The fitness center was outstanding- slightly bigger than most Hyatt Places and it had great cardio machines free weights. The pool is outdoors and looked nice as well.

The reason for the average rating is that this hotel lacked in service. I am fairly loyal to Hyatt (20-30 nights/year) and have gotten used to great attention to detail. At this hotel, I was given what must be one of the worst rooms in the place despite platinum status. While clean (the most important factor), the window looked right into a wall. It looks like there are about 8 rooms with this treat of a view- they are all on the backside of the building in the corners. I just wish they would have told me or put me somewhere else.

The most annoying part was the horrible service at breakfast. I rolled in at 9:10 (breakfast was posted from 6:30-9:30) and it looked like a 3rd world McDonalds after the lunch rush. The garbages were overflowing, they were out of yogurt, spoons, knives (there were 3 forks), sliced fruit, whole fruit, most bread products, and almost all the plates.
I asked the guy at the front desk if breakfast was still open, and he said "Yes, but they are probably letting things wind down". I showed him that they were out of everything, and he seemed slightly surprised and to his credit- asked if he could get me anything. However, I'm not going to make the front desk guy go search the kitchen for a banana and a yogurt for me. I just grabbed one lonely looking bagel and the last cream cheese and hit the road.

This hotel has great potential, but they need to get that Hyatt "focus on the customer" that the other properties seem to have. I doubt I'll be back- there are a ton of new hotels in the area that I will likely try next time.

Room Tip: Avoid the back corners- my room ended in *33 and it was one of the bad ones. I'd also suggestin...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Odense, Denmark
Reviewed December 5, 2011

My wife and son (aged 2) and I stayed at the Hyatt Place 20 -> 21 november 2011.
The hotel looks brand new. The reception is made in a very lounge kind of way, with big sofa's and a bar connected to the reception counter.
The rooms are very large and spacious.
Free parking and a very clean pool.

The variety of breakfast is though very limited, but you can buy scrambled eggs etc on the side.
A really nice hotel if you've got a rentalcar.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed November 21, 2011

We recently stayed at the Hyatt Place to attend our friends wedding in Ft. Myers on 11/11/11. The bride was able to obtain a block of rooms at an excellent rate. We had several people stay there and we all enjoyed our time there. The weather was beautiful, so we enjoyed the outdoor pool -- one day was a little cooler -- so they turned on the heater in the pool. Everyone who worked at the hotel was pleasant, smiled and were very accommodating. The free continental breakfast was set up nicely with cereal, bagels, toast, fresh fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, fruit juices and coffee/tea/milk. If you wanted something extra, they had a nice menu for breakfast, lunch and dinnner/snacks either at a kiosk or at the nicely equipped bar. The rooms were very comfortable with flat screen TV, walk in shower, sitting area with large sleeper sofa, and comfortable king size bed. They also have a nicely equipped fitness center. We were having a girls night out and wanted a limo service for our drive to Cape Coral - about a 40 minute drive. I spoke with one of the hotel employees at the front desk at the time and she was so accommodating and hooked us right up with a taxi agency that we were so happy with -- Donald our driver was the best. This is a great place to stay if you are not near Ft. Myers Beach -- which I believe is a 20 minute drive away. However, if you have a car, and want to drive back and forth to the different beaches, I would stay here as an anchor hotel. It is well worth the money and the service and employees are great.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends