“Very, very good...but issues”
Review of Pizza Pub

Pizza Pub
Ranked #58 of 856 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery
augres, mi
“Very, very good...but issues”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

My review is mixed, although they have excellent food, excellent value. The ambiance is not much to write about, but it's just small and sort of a small sized strip mall location. They have excellent italian dishes and pizzas and good sized portions. And the prices are very reasonable. There are no reservations and during season, and even after, there's generally always a waiting line. So what's the problem?

The service and attitude tries to be customer focused, but it's a little harsh. I've been there many times, and it's consistent. The bad reviews where people are shouting at one another, I've never experienced, but I can envision, since the owner's attitude, seems to be, "we're very good and we know it and if you don't like it ...just leave". Never stated, but sort of understated. It doesn't mean that they don't try to have good quick service, as long as you realize that they're always in control, you may not consider it to be so bad, but their pleasantness is always at their choosing.

While this restaurant, even though small, is based on a volume business. They peddle value with less pleasantness and courtesy than they should, but they get away with it, since their food is excellent and their prices are very reasonable. I just wish they'd try harder to be pleasant.

• Visited April 2012
3 Thank bdgrinmifl

Stoughton, Wisconsin
“Always a favorite”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

We "discovered" this little gem several years ago and always order take out pizza from there is that's what we are seeking. Otherwise, going to the restaurant is a treat, too. I particularly enjoy their antipasto salad (a large one is more than enough for 3-4 people) along with their pizza. The restaurant is always busy, with a lot of people waiting outside; however, the service is excellent and the wait doesn't seem like "that long".

Visited March 2012
Hardy, Virginia
“Average Food-Rude Ownership”
Reviewed February 27, 2012

We were visiting family in Ft. Myers and went to dinner at 5:30 on a Saturday evening. Upon arrival we checked in with the hostess and were told our party of three would have a 30 minute wait. After seeing many parties that arrived after us seated quickly, and also noting to the hostess that we had now been waiting an hour, the hostess went crazy and started screaming at me causing the entire restaurant to turn around to stare. She then went on a tirade when I asked if they could not push two tables for two together. After she screamed loud enough for the entire restaurant to hear she ran to the back of the restaurant to tell the employees what a terrible person I was as loud as she could. I was in complete shock to be abused in such a way. She makes the "Soup Nazi" look like Mother Teresa. After finally being seated (I did not want to up set my 88 year old father-in-law or I would have left) we were brough plain whit bread that was served warm with butter pats. Nothing special and no flavor. The $6.00 entrees were passable given the low price. If you choose to go to Pizza Pub just be prepared to wait and not question the owners and employees.

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank pharmacygirl3
Suburban Philadelphia
“New York style pizza OK, but not quite as good as we expected”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

We ordered pizza for take-out from Pizza Pub, primarily because they advertise New York style pizza, which we love. Having had more than our fair share of New York style pizza, we believe that Luna Pizza in the Miromar Outlets comes closest to authentic NY pizza in the SW Florida area. Luna is excellent! Be that as it may, this review is about Pizza Pub, not Luna, so here goes....Pizza Pub is slightly above average as far as we are concerned. The tomato sauce was disappointing, maybe a bit on the heavy side. This may be a sacrilege, but it had the flavor of a canned tomato sauce (Contadino ?) Other reviewers rave about the Italian food here, so perhaps I am a bit harsh in my judgment. There were about 20 people outside waiting to be called, so the food must be more than just all right. Nonetheless, in my opinion, on a 10 point scale, I'd have to say that the pizza comes in at about a 6. Perhaps next time we'll try the lasagne.....

• Visited February 2012
home
“Best Lasagna around!”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We go to Pizza Pub regularly on Fridays when they have the Lasagna special with good salad for only $9. The lasagna is very good & a huge portion; we always end up taking some home. We have also enjoyed their pizza & other pasta dishes. All in all, very reliable & excellent value as well as family friendly.

• Visited October 2011