“Monique makes my stay rock”

Hilton Garden Inn Fort Myers Airport / FGCU
Ranked #8 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Atlanta, Georgia
“Monique makes my stay rock”
Reviewed March 3, 2011

The hotel and the staff are great. You're close by to all the shopping and restaurants. However, the bar is the place to be. Monique has repeat customers that know her by name. She creates a fantastic and fun experience. She will take care of you. Make sure she switches the channel though. She has a tendency to leave it on the girlie channels. Make sure you say hi to Elmer the Daschund!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
GmbestFortMyers_FL, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fort Myers Airport / FGCU, responded to this review, March 15, 2011
Elmer says Hello back at you! Monique was also very appreciative of your praise. She works very hard for her guests and that is why we love having her hear. Come back and see us soon!
Thanks!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
San Diego, California
Reviewed February 6, 2011

I flew in late and stayed overnight at the Hilton Garden Inn using point stretcher points and got upgraded (I think) to a king suite. The front desk staff was friendly every time I went by. The room was spacious and comfortable, with a living room including a large work desk, and a bedroom. There were two 42" flat screens TV's with an impressive lineup of channels, including HD channels. Everything was clean; I got a good night's sleep with no problems with mattress or ventilation. I appreciated the free Wifi in the room; in fact I decided against a Hampton Inn closer to my destination because the other hotel didn't have Wifi in the rooms (the first Hampton I'd ever seen without it).

I got a complimentary breakfast with a decent selection of foods include make-your-own waffles and some steam dish foods. There was a short order chef doing omelets and pancakes, but he wasn't in sight the first time I went to the window. He did show up a few minutes later and I was able to get a white egg omelet.

The hotel seems to be about as close as you can get to the airport - I had a rental car so didn't need the free shuttle which was shared with the Homewood Suites. I was satisfied with my stay and would come back if I needed to stay near the airport.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
GmbestFortMyers_FL, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fort Myers Airport / FGCU, responded to this review, February 8, 2011
That's what makes us happy! Too hear from a guest like you that had an enjoyable experience and got a good nights sleep!
Thank you so much for a such a great review. It is very detailed and gracious and I am sure it will help many other travelers when choosing a hotel and we are very grateful for that.
We hope to see you the next time you are in the area! Stop in and say hello!
England
Reviewed January 3, 2011

What more are you looking for?
Courteous, polite and flexible staff. It's a relatively new facility and the clean rooms reflect that, I found the food to be good (efficiently served). And it's in a quiet and well placed location.
Only negative was the comfort of the in-room armchair, which I found quite uncomfortable, but I lived with it.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
GmbestFortMyers_FL, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fort Myers Airport / FGCU, responded to this review, January 18, 2011
Well, we are looking for more guests like you welcome!
Seriously, thank you for the kind review and we certianly appreciate your choosing to stay with us. Your experience with us is what we work so hard to provide for all of our friends. Please come again and maybe we can do something about that arm chair for you!
Happy Travels!
Dublin
Reviewed December 23, 2010

Only had a one night stay but loved it. Beautiful gym, pool and jacuzzi. Spotlessly clean hotel with nice staff. Opposite large shopping centre with nice cinema. Would definately use again if we go to this area. Give it a try you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Awesome! Thank you so much!
Derry, New Hampshire
Reviewed November 16, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn at Fort Myers airport out of necessity rather than choice. First off we missed our flight at the airport due to a schedule change that we did not know about (kind of our fault). We were unable to get a flight out the day so we called around to the local hotels. Brooke at the Hilton was very kind and helpful. We booked a room hassle free for $99.00. Brooke called the shuttle service and asked the driver who just left the airport to return for us. We were very impressed at this point. Check in was uneventful, we were made aware that the hotel did not have hot water and ran a limited menu for dinner service. This was out of their control, there had been a major gas main break so gas service was cut off from ft. Meyers to Naples.

The Room.
Our room was clean and comfy no complaints. The sheets looked fresh and neatly folded. The TV was a nice 42ish flat screen with lots of channels and HD channels. The bathroom and tub were clean; there were plenty of toiletries for us to use.

Dinner.
Heres where it all fell apart for us. We went downstairs for dinner to see what was on the menu. When we arrived we quickly noticed that we were the only people there. Our host was sitting at the bar watching TV and rolling silverware in napkins. She greeted us with a hi, and told us that they were running a limited menu due to the gas leak. We looked over the menu, the choices were, Caesar salad, Asian salad, Garden salad and a turkey club. I asked what was in the Asian salad, the hostess who was also our waitress said, "well lettuce, tomato, these orange fruit things and other stuff." She then asked for our drink orders to which my wife said "Could i get a mudslide?" To which she responded "oh, thats not in the computer I don't think I can make that." My wife said "ok well how about a White Russian?" To this the waitress responded "oh those are my moms favorites I think I can make those." I ordered a coke. The next forty minutes was uneventful. My wife drank her watery milk with zero hint of Kahlua while we both watched the Giants vs. Cowboys game on the TV over the bar. Now in this entire 40 minutes nobody except for some guys having drinks at the bar has come in. We are the food order and it took forty minutes to make a turkey club and a caesar salad! When our food did arrive we asked if we could just take it to our rooms as we didn't want to sit there all by ourselves anymore.

The Food.
I wont go into much detail, but it was just gross. My sandwiches bread was so toasted that it fell apart into a thousands little crumbs in my hands. The deli meat inside was so low quality that the turkey and the ham looked the same color! As for my wifes salad, the lettuce was good. The chicken brick however was inedible; i'm not joking the chicken was so dry you could snap it in half. All in all the food rated a zero. We both understand that there were circumstances beyond their control but if you can't adapt to the situation don't even bother to serve food.

Conclusion
If you need a place to stay at Ft. Meyers airport the Hilton is a fine choice. Just go outside the hotel to eat your meals and you should have a fine stay. On a side note the shuttle back to the airport was great. We asked to be picked up at 6:30 and the shuttle was right on time and the driver Christine was very nice.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Chadwick06
We certainly appreciate your review of our hotel and staff. I would however like to apologize for the food service and quality that you received. As you mentioned the gas outage had occurred and did catch us off guard. The staff really tried to adapt over the weekend but, I am afraid it was an evolutionary experience for us all. It seemed as as we tried one thing it would necessitate another but, by the time the gas was returned we had gotten pretty well adapted! Sorry you were in the midst of our learning curve.
Thank you again for your kind words about the hotel and staff and we hope to see you again under more normal circumstances. Hopefully you will try the restaurant again and be pleasantly suprised!
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed October 4, 2010

This is a nice and new hotel with friendly people. On my day of departure I woke up early and decided to read the Bible. Couldn't find one. On check-out I mentioned to the front desk personnel that I couldn't find a bible, thinking the hotel was too new to have one. I was told that the Bibles had been taken out because of "complaints". Pretty difficult for me to believe that a Bible in a drawer that has to be searched for would "offend" anyone. I'm a Diamond member with this hotel chain and I travel a lot. Guess I'll either have to carry my own Bible or find another chain.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank richmccoll
GmbestFortMyers_FL, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fort Myers Airport / FGCU, responded to this review, November 11, 2010
I am so sorry for the explination that was given to you by the front desk person. I believe she heard some ranting from the back office during her tenure that missinformed her. You were correct in that we are new and have not yet been visited by Gideons. I look forward to that to recieve bible's and the blessing they perform for the hotel and staff for a continued effort to comfort weary travelers.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 13, 2010

I am a frequent traveler and stay almost exclusively at Hilton properties. The Hilton Garden Inn Fort Meyers International is a very nice, new, and convenient property. The staff is friendly, the rooms are new and clean, and the exercise room is above average. When comparing to Homewood Suites or similar, the Hilton Garden Inn is a step up, but not a large step. Comparing to Embassy Suites, the HGI has smaller rooms and less luxurious beds and furniture, though usually costs less. It is a good compromise hotel and I can recommend it.
Things I liked:
New
Clean
Outdoor Pool
Above Average Exercise Room
Staff
Decent Bed
Good Breakfast Selection (Though Needs MUCH More Fruit Variety. Can you say banana?)

Things that could be improved:
When the compressor turned on in my room for a/c, it literally sounded like a freight train was driving past the window. This lasted for long periods of time and, once gone, it would "reappear" when it kicked on again. This is room 303.
Smallish rooms, though very nice for price.
The bed is extremely firm, but decent sheets.

This is a "go to" property for me and my employees when traveling to/from RSW.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your detailed comments! They have given us a world of infomation to use to improve!
We hope to see you and your employees very soon!