“Consistently Great”

Hilton Garden Inn Fort Myers Airport / FGCU
Ranked #9 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Reviewed August 3, 2014

As the parent of a FGCU student, we have stayed at this hotel many times over the past two years while visiting our son. It has never disappointed us. The rooms are always spotless, and housekeeping could not be nicer. Our favorite is the king suite - huge, but the two queens room is very spacious. Check-in is always about 60 seconds. Seriously, you are in your room before you know it. I wish I knew the name of the gentleman who checked us in; he was very pleasant.

There are several hotels in the area, but we have never had a reason to stay anywhere else. This past weekend, after enjoying a great dinner at Connor's Steaks across the street, we stopped into the hotel's bar area. Brenda, the bartender, was entertaining and very professional. She anticipated the guests needs and was a pleasure to talk to. We planned to stay only 30 minutes, but we ended up staying for 2 hours. The staff and the guests were all just so nice.

I also need to say we always get the breakfast - better than a lot of restaurants! Again, the staff is so nice.

We live so close to the FGCU campus and do not need to stay overnight, but staying at this Hilton Garden Inn is so pleasant, that we always make it a two day trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the woods - you might see deer!
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank DNicola
GmbestFortMyers_FL, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fort Myers Airport / FGCU, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Wow, this review is going on the bullitin board!! Thank you so very much for your kind review and we love that you chose to stay with us! Guests like you are why we enjoy our work so much! Thanks for sharing your experiences and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Misrepresentation is the name of the game when it comes to shuttle service and other important factors which cost me money, unnecessary service charges and endless reservation/payment trouble. My grandson, for whose trip I was paying, was put at risk of having to sleep at the airport because of on-line and counter misrepresentation of shuttle service. I was not allowed an easy access to accepting charges and was charged for a fax for which I have confirmation but which they claimed they never received The desk staff was fine, but the amount of time I spent on trying to get my grandson here safely was absurd. The whole thing reeks of scam and I doubt if this review or my letters, all of which I will send tomorrow to create a paper trail, will ever be read by anyone.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Linn R

Absolutely any and all comments will be read and responded to when it come to the care of our guests. I am sorry that you had difficulty with trying to pay from outside means but, the care we take to protect personel information may sometime seem arduous but, we take identity theft very seriously and do everything in our power to prevent it from happening.
I believe my Assistant manager has called you on the phone about your experience and has addressed your concern with the shuttle service but, if there is anyway that I can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to reach out to me. Our sincerest apologies for the confusion.
Daryl Miesner
dmiesner@cooperhotels.com
239-210-7202

Reviewed August 2, 2014

Nice place to stay in Ft. Meyers area. Convenient to FGCU, shopping, and food. Will return to this hotel, we asked for a quiet room and got it! Join the Hilton Honors, they try hard to meet your room preferences.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank leavinks88

Thank you so much for taking the time to let other travelers know about us! We will try our very best to fulfill any requrest that we get but, Honors members do get some added perks! Thanks for joining and also staying with Us at the Hilton Garden Inn Fort Myers Airport / FGCU!
All the best!

Reviewed July 14, 2014

We recommend the Hilton Garden Inn, near the Fort Myers Airport, to others. It is very clean, comfortable, and convenient. Strongly consider joining the Hilton Honors reward program, also--it's easy to use and very beneficial.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your recommendation! We do our very best to keep it simple and enjoyable! Joining Hilton Honors is definatly a convient and rewarding way to do that! Please come and see us again soon.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

I opted to stay here because my plane was getting in after midnight, and I didn't want to drive to my final destination that late. I managed to get lost. The front desk staff person managed to direct me to the hotel with a minimum of fuss. The hotel was clean, the beds were VERY comfortable, and the price is a bargain, given that it's an airport hotel. I'd stay there again anytime.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
GmbestFortMyers_FL, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fort Myers Airport / FGCU, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Well we certainly hope that you do come back to see us! Next time why don't you let us just pick you up at the Airport with our complimentary shuttle service? The drivers are very happy to take you to shopping, restaurants or even class, if you are headed to FGCU that is!
Thank you for such a nice review and we do hope you will come back and stay a little while!

Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

This hotel has very clean rooms and nice staff. It's is a pretty new hotel. The breakfast area and the breakfast itself is nice and the people serving are helpful. This hotel also has shuttle service to the airport and is located near many places to eat and shop. I could not ask for more.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank mramosyeo

Awesome!! The breakfast crew says Thank you for recognizing them in such a good way!! They try really hard to get folks off to a really good start to their day! Thank you for staying with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Fort Myers Airport/FGCU!

Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel several times over the last few years and have always had a great experience. The rooms are clean and nicely furnished. There are many restaurants close by as well as the Miromar Outlets. Also being close to the airport is great when needing to catch an early flight.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Joey P

We are really glad that you continue to stop by and see us every so oftenand thank you for your nice review. We are very proud of our hotel and location and guests like you are the reason!