“Perfect time”

Hilton Garden Inn Fort Myers Airport / FGCU
Ranked #10 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Reviewed December 26, 2013

A disaster turned out great.. We had a flight canceled and ended up calling the closest, nice looking hotel we could find. We had a suite for 105.00 per night.. unheard of!
Not only that, but that have a few smoking suites left, and if you smoke and are staying on a 5th floor with no balcony, this can be a VERY important thing :)
Anyhow, go down to the bar, happy hour has $2 bottles of beer.. I thought my eyes failed me, from 4 pm until 7 pm, and the food is just as cheap and VERY tasty, way better than average hotel bar food.
Our Bartender Brenda was second to NONE.. she was fun, attentive and sweet, very helpful and made the whole thing worth while.
I dont usually stay in Ft Myers, but if I have to again for business I will DEFINITELY stay there again, and hope Brenda is there too!!
Thanks Hilton!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Gems4u22
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Fort Myers Airport / FGCU

Reviewed December 19, 2013

The king suite was nicely appointed, clean, comfortable and safe. We were given the AARP rate, which included a late check out at no additional charge. The staff was professional and courteous at all times. This hotel is near the FGCU campus and right across from a large outdoor mall with oodles of restaurant and shopping choices.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Richard P
Reviewed December 9, 2013

My flight was late and the hotel staff were very helpful in sending me a shuttle to get me from the airport. I requested a quiet room and it was very quiet with view on the preserve. This hotel is very close also from Golf Coast shopping mall.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Diane C
Reviewed December 6, 2013

WE arrived at the FGCU/ Airport Hilton Garden Inn very TIRED after spending a whole day flying back to Naples from Puerto Vallarta, Mexico... where we always spend our annual Thanksgiving holiday ... we'd been flying for many, many hours. The hotel had our reservation ready, check in was smooth, the room was neat, clean and very comfortable. Only problem: the Keurig coffee maker did not produce any coffee when we desperately needed it in the morning! However, there WAS coffee service set up in the lobby which turned out fine. Only an overnight stay... but was a very pleasant experience. WE like Hilton Hotels... and frequent them because they always allow us to bring our Maltese with us and also provide a good product.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TheCleggs
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Having earlier discussed the "refried beans" for breakfast at the Homewood, I wanted to mention breakfast at the neighboring Hilton Garden Inn, which is generally superior. The breakfast buffet costs $9.95 at the Hilton Garden, but offers more variety than the Homewood, including a choice of breakfast meats and fresh fruit and more toppings for the waffles (e.g., strawberries, chocolate chips).

The visit on Dec. 4 was problematic. I was told to "sit anywhere" but when I tried I was ushered to a small table, between two other guests. I asked for tea, which came late, with two packets just dumped down. After having some bacon, I got up to make waffles, and my table was cleared. After I was done, I was asked if I wanted to order any of the special items (e.g., omelettes, pancakes). A bit late in the day.

Not a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank PatentGod
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I had a great experience at the Hilton Garden Inn. Very friendly and accomodating staff, especially reception, bar and housekeeping. The fitness room is nice as is the pool. The breakfast is a good deal and there is a convienient shuttle to local areas. Everyone was so helpful. At times the room was a little loud from activity in the hall on the first floor, so try another level if you really need quiet.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Loraine B
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Visiting Fort Myers for a business meeting and opted for the Hilton Garden Inn Airport. The front office employees very friendly and the room very relazing. I did question the bartending skills of the bartender, but in the end, all turned out well. She simply wasn't sure of her liquor inventory. Would definitely stay at this location again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business