“Decent Property, Poor Service.”

Hilton Garden Inn Fort Myers Airport / FGCU
Ranked #9 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I stayed here for one night in early August 2013. I'm at the airport and I call up the hotel to get the shuttle, 10 rings later no answer. I hang up call back same thing. I figure it was AT&T. Nope finally on the third call someone answers the phone and I'm able to arrange the shuttle. The shuttle guy was cool and helpful. I mention him, because he was the only employee to provide decent service.

I get to the hotel and check-in. I ask for a late check-out and I am offered 1pm "without charge." Similar Hilton properties will go to 3pm without charge, Doubletrees, Hampton Inns, ect. Fine 1pm is below expectations but late checkout is a privilege not a right.

The room was fine. It was clean, the bed worked (HGIs use a sleep number type bed), and the room was well maintained.

The following day I went to breakfast. The food was ok, the fruit seemed limited to melon, pineapple and some fruit cocktail. It would have been nice to some other fresh fruit. Service was non-existent. The three waiters on duty who were serving three tables were more interested in talking to each other than service customers. It was disappointing.

After breakfast I went to the front desk to sign-up for the shuttle to the airport. When I got there the front desk supervisor was more interested in talking to her coworker in the back than watching the desk. I stood there for a minute or two while she chatted with her back to the counter.

The other shuttle driver was just as awesome as the previous one. Whomever did the shuttle driver hiring did a great job. It's just sad that the other people were not as helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank colpuck
GmbestFortMyers_FL, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fort Myers Airport / FGCU, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that the service provided you was not up to our standards or your expectations. I have reviewed your comments with the Food and Beverage manager as well as the Front Desk manager to be sure that no other guest has a non contact experience like you did.
I have also covered your comments with the transportation manager so that he could share your positive comments with his drivers. Thank you agian for taking the time to share your concerns with us and I promise you that your comments were helpful in keeping our service above all.
Thank you.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

This was our third stay in this hotel and probably not last :) Friendly staff that will chat, advise, and help you in any need. [On a last trip we left an item behind and front office with Housekeeping department were able to locate the item and ship it back within hours of request - great service!] Pool, gym, and lobby are clean and well accommodated! If you don't like spending much time in a room, pool and gym, or bar and lobby are your best bets.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
2  Thank Renata A

We certainly hope it won't be your last visit! We enjoy chatting with all of our guests making sure that they are enjoying everything and that we point them in the direction of fun!
Please come and see us again soon here at the Hilton Garden Inn Fort Myers Airport / FGCU .

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stayed at this Hilton with my three grandchildren while in Ft. Myers on family business. It was convenient to the airport (1 mile), it was convenient to a huge shopping center complete with restaurants, movies and plenty of shopping and convenient to I-75. There was a pool for the kids to enjoy during the day. Breakfast, lunch and dinner were all served at the hotel, which is fortunate while you are working in your room and the kids are hungry. The staff could not have been more efficient and willing to help with lost supplies and/or necessities.

Room Tip: If the handicap room is available and you have a large party, it's very comfortable.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Bernie278

What a nice review. We especially like the title! Thank you for sharing your experience here at the Hilton Garden Inn Fort Myers Airport / FGCU. We enjoy our guests and what we can do to make their stay as relaxed and carefree as possible! Come see us again soon, and don't forget the grandkids!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

This hotel is in a perfect location. If your a parent looking to move your kid into college at FGCU, this is the hotel for you. It's just off the I75 exit and a mile from FGCU entrance. Not to mention the town center across the street. There is a super target, and countless other stores and restaurants. The hotel itself is clean and comfortable. This was our 3rd year moving our son in, and we've stayed here for multiple visits. We've never been disappointment.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Randi W

Thank you for sharing your recommendation of the Hilton Garden Inn Fort Myers Airport / FGCU ! It has been great serving the Parents of FGCU students. We are a proud sponser of the FGCU basketball team and you should look for our logo when the Eagles are on TV. It is a great school with good young adults that have very friendly parents! We have specials for them year round so come visit your students often!
Thank you again for a very nice review!
See you Soon!

Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Staff was very kind an friendly. Everyone seems to be hardwored for excellent service. People smile as they cross you in the hall.
Breakfast was fresh and tasty.
Bar open till midnight on weekdays.
Rooms are very clean and updated.

Will return

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Jaime U
GmbestFortMyers_FL, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fort Myers Airport / FGCU, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Thank you for your nice review! We hope to see you soon at the Hilton Garden Inn Fort Myers Airport / FGCU !

Reviewed July 22, 2013

It's located right across the street from multiple restaurants retail shopping facilities and movie theatre. It's right next to the I75 so access is quick. Close to the airport but no noise associated with all these facilities. The Jr Suite King room was well appointed and roomy. The room even had a ceiling fan which was unexpected. The sound insulation between the rooms was very good and should be expected with a newer building or at least it appeared to be newer. Now the reason why for only four stars. The AC unit was quite noisy. For the first minute upon startup, it rumbled like you would feel next to a diesel truck. Then when it was ready to shutoff, it would hiss. After using the toilet the water pipes within the wall bang quite loudly. The ceiling fan wobbled enough to concern me unless it was on the slowest speed so I just shut it off. I did not use the restaurant or pool areas. Know that during my stay breakfast in the restaurant was not complimentary unless you paid up front with the room rate. The front staff was attentive to my needs when requested. Even with those minor issues, I would return again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Scooter R
GmbestFortMyers_FL, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fort Myers Airport / FGCU, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you so much for your review and kind words. I do want to apologize to you about those maintainence issue that you have brought to our attention and let you know that I have gotten with our Cheif Engineer so that they will be taken care of promptly.
We do hope to see you again, and soon!
Thank you for choosing Hilton Garden Inn.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I was in town for a funeral and other family members had already picked this hotel so I wasn't sure what to expect. It was convenient, very clean and the staff was wonderful. The airport shuttle was very prompt. We spent a lot of time in the dining area making arrangements and the staff was incredibly helpful and respectful. We were never made to feel rushed.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
2  Thank Kimberley W

Thank you for sharing your experience here at the Hilton Garden Inn Fort Myers Airport / FGCU. We are sorry that you had to visit under such circumstances but, we are happy that we could help.
Take care and we hope to see you again sometime when relaxing is your reason for travel.