Hilton Garden Inn Fort Myers Airport / FGCU
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Excellent 5/5
Average 3/5
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsfront deskflorida gulf coast universityfort myers airportshopping and restaurantsshuttle serviceroom was cleannice hotelan early flightone night staybreakfast buffetconvenient locationgreat place to staybusiness centerwould definitely stay here againbusiness tripshort drivefgcu
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed a week here the first of April, we enjoyed the hotel and all it had to offer. Our room was very comfortable and very clean. Happy hour, friendliness of the staff and Gulf Coast Town Center across the street are worth mentioning as well.
Food at hotel was ok, although, try their loaded nachos during happy hour they were......yummy!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
GmbestFortMyers_FL, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fort Myers Airport / FGCU, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

We are very happy that you enjoyed yourself while you were here and Thank you for your kind remarks in your review. The Loaded Nacho's are great but, you gotta try the Potato Skins!! It was a great pleasure to have you as our guests and we really hope to see you again very soon!
Thank you for giving us the chance to serve you.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Spent one night there last Thursday before heading for our vacation. We used the free shuttle from Ft Myers Airport and checked in easily. Room was nice and in the location that I have on my HH account. Our major problem was the bar area after settling in. My wife and I got to the bar around 9:00 PM. There is a large sign advertising a Thursday night special until 10:00 PM. When I asked for the special, I was told it ends at 9 even though the sign says 10. Then the bar person left the area and we or anyone else who came to the area could not get served for approximately 15 minutes. This part of the facility was poorly run. I also felt the cost of the hotel was high compared to other hotels we have used over the years. As I said good hotel, could be so much more.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank geisnj
GmbestFortMyers_FL, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fort Myers Airport / FGCU, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you for providing insight on your recent experience at our hotel bar. I sincerely apologize for the poor service and inconsistent signage and we are taking your comments into consideration as we work to improve this aspect of our property. We look for reviews to provide insight, so I certainly appreciate your feedback. The next time you are in the area we would love for you to stop back again for a definitatly improved quality experience.

Daryl Miesner
daryl.miesner@hilton.com

Reviewed March 27, 2013

This hotel is a rip-off. expensive rates for a basic hotel and even then it doesn't include breakfast - that will cost an extra 10 dollars and its nowhere near as good as many that include it e.g. the great embassy suites and others. Agree with other reviewers that there is a huge management attitude problem here too. the amount they charge for phone calls is immoral - i thought the days of rip off phone charges were over but we lost our credit card while staying there and they still charged 75 dollars for 2 SHORT (they called us back) international phone calls!! And they do not show the phone rates in the room - so beware, its almost like they want to catch people out. Also on check out, we knew we were leaving a day early but had not yet informed reception. a guy was trying to check in but told it was full that night. being helpful I said "oh we are just about to check out one day early" - but receptionist said "no that rooms already taken" - impossible since we hadn't yet told her. presumably he had some kind of good rate and she wanted to get a better rate. The rooms themselves have a separate sitting area but there is no natural light so very gloomy. the pool is small and very noisy - traffic. Also although you are across the street from shops and restaurants its almost impossible to get there as you have to detour to cross extremely busy multi-lane roads at distant traffic lights. the mall area is huge and some of the best restaurants are a mile away! the hotel does run a shuttle to them but its a pain. we would highly recommend you do not stay at this rip-off hotel - stay in the Marriott courtyard instead which is on the edge of the shopping/restaurant area across the road

Room Tip: stay anywhere else e.g.the marriott across the road instead
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank merionvw
GmbestFortMyers_FL, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fort Myers Airport / FGCU, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

I appreciate your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that the international calls and breakfast cost were of concern. We are dedicated to offering a personalized experience and try to keep costs affordable in doing so. Would posting these charges on our website or at the front desk assist you in evaluating our services? We truly value your business and would hate to lose you as our guests. I can assure you that your feedback in all aspects will be considered. We hope you'll give us another chance to serve you.

Kind regards,
Daryl Miesner
daryl.miesner@hilton.com

Reviewed March 25, 2013

En route back to Iowa following a few days in Florida we selected this hotel for its proximity to the Fort Myers International Airport and Sanibel Island. We had planned a trip to Sanibel and this was ideally located.

The hotel itself is very non-descript and could be anywhere in the world. Having said that, the rooms were very clean and comfortable and the staff charming. The shuttle bus to the airport was on time and the driver very courteous. But there is little else to say about it. There is a bar and fast food type facility, badly located in an open space by the entrance door, but completely lacking in atmosphere.

Regarding the accommodation, for what you get the price is high. I know airport hotels tend to be pricey but Fort Myers is hardly a major hub!

The lack of a decent restaurnt meant we had to eat out and the local Edison Mall which is a few blocks away from the hotel has a good selection of restaurants. However, all were packed with long waiting lists so we had over 40 minutes to wait before we sat down.

It seems ironic to me that when there is such heavy demand for food that Hilton have not invested in better facilities. I am sure the many air crew using the hotel would rather eat in if the quality of food and service was better.

I have to admit to liking older, more traditional hotels with a reputation to uphold. New hotels often lack any architectural features and their culture has to be established from scratch. In this case the staff were fine but the building lacked character and it was difficult to identify any individuality. As I said earlier, you could be anywhere in the world. By comparison I recently reviewed Hilton's Docklands hotel in London which oozes character and individuality. So there is nothing wrong with this hotel but nothing to endear it to me! Sorry Hilton (I am a Hilton Honours member so I hope they don't kick me out of the club for this review!!)

Will I go back? Probably not. I'll try somewhere else next time until I find a hotel with that special something! Or am I a dreamer!

Room Tip: Get a rear facing room if you can so that you look out over the countryside.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank brian_pound
GmbestFortMyers_FL, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fort Myers Airport / FGCU, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thank you for your thoughtful review of our hotel. While it is true that we are a standard Hilton Garden Inn design which can be seen all over the world, we do however try to stand out by giving our guests the best experience that we can. We cannot change the look of the building but, do try to stand out individually using our staff, service and cleanliness to enhance our guests overall stay.
Also, true, the rates in the Fort Myers area are much higher this time of year but, it is because of the high demand generated by the beautiful beaches, the georgous weather and the Spring Training Camps of the Boston Red Sox and the Minnisota Twins. Fort Myers may not be an Airline Hub but, from mid February thru March it is a hub of Hospitality.
Thank you again for taking the time to let the readers know of your impressions but, we do hope you will come again.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is a newer Hilton, a nice facility in an area very convenient to the airport and expressway as well as shopping and restaurants. We stayed for one night. The entire hotel was spotless. Our room was comfortable with an upgraded bed and variable pressure shower head. The only pool is outdoors. Great night.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
GmbestFortMyers_FL, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fort Myers Airport / FGCU, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Entire staff works very hard to keep everything just as fresh as it can be and we really appreciate it when a guest of ours takes the time to let us know that they noticed! We have plenty of more " great nights" in the future when you return to what is now being called "Dunk City" the home of FGCU Basketball!
Thanks again and hope to see you again soon!