“Delicious food, fantastic service and ambiance.”

IL Pomodoro Italian Restaurant
Ranked #65 of 933 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We have never left Il Pomodoro unhappy or hungry... and always took food home! So much to choose from and everything is great. You will not be sorry.

Reviewed December 21, 2011

My girlfriends and I went here for a birthday. The food was excellent. The Mussels Guiespie is the best mussels dish I've ever had. The Pork Brasciolle is by far the best I've ever had! My friends had the Grouper Francese and the Chicken Toscano! They loved it all. For dessert, our server, Nick brought us out a delicious piece of homemade Tiramisu with a candle in it for my friend. They have an extensive menu and generous portions, which is always great for lunch the next day. The wine list is a little small, but the selections are good. Overall, we had a great experience with the service and the food, and will definitely be going back again and again.

Reviewed December 6, 2011

Eight friends and I went to dinner at IL Pomodoro and we all loved the food. We all got different entrees and no one had a complaint. The staff is very friendly and the service was very good. This is a great neighborhood restaurant.

1  Thank meanderingroad
Reviewed October 13, 2011

If you want an authentic Italian dining experience, this is the place. The menu is extensive, but don't even bother reading it. The night we were there, they had at least four off the menu specials, and I chose sole francese from that list. The food was delicious. The portions are retro, that is to say, they are enormous--way more food than you ought to eat at one sitting. But don't worry, they will box it up so you can lunch again the next day. My wife had a veggie pizza. The atmosphere is pleasant, and the service was excellent. We had reservations, but not too important this time of year. But it gets pretty busy in season, so it is a good idea to call ahead. Prices range from about $13 to $20 for an entree; they had a nice selection of wines by the glass for $6 each.

Reviewed October 12, 2011

I love this little hidden gem. I go there with a couple of clients a few times a year. The staff is great. The food is awesome. Big portions. The owner is very friendly and has been in the business in Fort Myers for a long time. Very well done inside.