“Great Setting and Great Guide!!”
Review of Kayak Excursions

Kayak Excursions
More attraction details
Owner description: If you're looking for an experience you'll be sure to remember, whether by Kayak or Paddleboard, look no further. Come enjoy the beautiful waters of Southwest Florida, and see what the locals see. Whether you prefer a Guided Tour or Rental, or even a Kayak Fishing Excursion, we will supply everything you need. We launch from countless locations around Lee County, and will accommodate your every need. Free Delivery. No Experience necessary. Family Friendly. German speaking tours available.
Boulder, Colorado
“Great Setting and Great Guide!!”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

We had an amazing 3 hour adventure with Kayak Excursions. Jesse, our guide, was absolutely fantastic. He gave us several options on what we focus our time on and planned, on the spot, the best route for us. Being born and raised in the area, he was very knowledgeable about the wildlife, water, and plants. We saw manatee, mangrove crabs and bald eagles (as well as tons of other birds and one raccoon!) We would have seen the mangrove crabs and the many long-legged birds with or without a guide, but we never would have seen the manatee or the bald eagles. Jesse taught my son (age 13) how to paddle board on the tourist-type kayaks. My son loved the experience. My mom (age 70), though she did not stand up on the kayak, also loved the experience! Furthermore, Kayak Excursions is based at the perfect location. Their direct access to both the Gulf and the mangrove tunnels is perfect for the tourist who has only one day to explore the area by kayak!!

Visited March 2014
kayakexcursions, Owner at Kayak Excursions, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you so much for your review. I'm glad to hear you had a good time with Jesse. I hope we'll see you again on your next trip. Stefan

Bloomington, Indiana
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Florida Like the Early Settlers Saw It”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We went on a guided tour with Kayak Excursions that took us through mangroves where fiddler crabs scurried over branches - and sometimes in and out of our boats. What really made the trip so wonderful was our guide, Matt, who had an easy, engaging style and was very knowledgeable. He was one of the best guides, in fact, that we have ever had on similar trips. I was impressed by the way he worked his way around the whole group, making sure that everyone was doing well and feeling comfortable. He also had a good sense of humor. We traveled through the mangroves where he explained that we were seeing landscape very much like those early settlers would have seen it. Eventually, we opened out into the expanse of the bay where we visited bird island. The three hours passed quickly. We used this company last year, but did not take a guided tour. We were very glad to have done so this year. We will be back.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank CrossCountry11
kayakexcursions, Owner at Kayak Excursions, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed your tour with Matt. We are very lucky to have a great crew of guides, all of whom are knowledgeable, friendly, and courteous, and at the same time all offer their unique qualities to our guests. Thank you for your review, and I look forward to seeing you again next time.
-Stefan
Montreal
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great morning”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We really enjoyed our tour. Jessie was a great guide; relaxed, fun, knowledgeable, and a terrific ambassador for the region. He also did a nice job of accommodating the different skill levels in our group. Paddling through the mangrove tunnels was an extraordinary experience that we won't forget soon (even though we're both squirrely about spiders and crabs, it was still lovely!). I would recommend this experience to anyone who is up for a little adventure. I thought the price was very reasonable for the tour, and the kayaks were in excellent shape.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank MontrealHR
Thank you for your review. I'm glad Jesse was able to provide a pleasurable trip for you. The mangrove tunnels are definitely a unique experience and lots of fun. I look forward to seeing you again soon. -Stefan
Harvard, Illinois
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Stefan was great! ”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

It was mine & my fiances first time kayaking and I was a little nervous but it turned out to be very easy to my surprise. Stefan teaches you the basics then you're off to explore! We saw dolphins and all kinds of little crabs & a bunch of different types of birds. The water was a little choppy out in the open water which got tiring but it was a great experience overall. Stefan was very informative and helpful and friendly. It was nice because the group was small enough you could spread out and didn't have to worry about bumping into each other (even though it did happen sometimes on accident). Going through the mangroves was cool too.. Gotta be careful of those hangy branches though... Go nice and slow so you can steer through them ! :)

2 Thank kyliesue91
kayakexcursions, Owner at Kayak Excursions, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Thank you for your review. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed yourselves. Happy New Year, and I hope to see you again soon,
Stefan
Kansas City, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Sunset Kayak Tour”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

My husband and I booked a sunset tour with Stefan while we were on our honeymoon. The tour took us through the mangroves and out to the bay, and throughout we were able to see a wide variety of wildlife, including a bald eagle and manatees. The pace was relaxed, which allowed us to get more comfortable in the kayaks as well as have a chance to enjoy the views. Stefan took pictures of us to share with our friends and family back home, which was a nice touch. We were on the water long enough to enjoy the beautiful colors of the sunset, which was the perfect way to end our tour.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank wmhayes82
kayakexcursions, Owner at Kayak Excursions, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you for your review. I didn't know it was your honeymoon, but congratulations and best wishes for a happy life together. You were a joy to spend the evening with, and I hope to see you again soon. Stefan